Late Late late type plastic Lamps Part Nos ?

I currently have the "Rather hopeless" sealed beams in the 90

I was told on Friday about some late late 90 type units, that have a smooth plastic light lens cover,

vs the patterned unit I have sort of thingy, and are strong and really bright,

any ideas of a part number for these anyone ? - and are they interchangable ?

Nige

That's what I was thinking to. I read an article today of a guy over here who converted a pair of lens from a VW Golf II for his Zuk. They needed a bit of trimming but they fit and I'm thinking that the same can be done for a Land Rover application, therefore I bought a pair on eBlag Germany for €18 including shipping.

I'll let you know how I get along with them. ;)

Todd.

post-194-125951784661_thumb.jpg

^^^^

Ta Todd,

But I don't think so, he said sort of 06 / 07 ish, plastic smooth front lens etc

and I think he got his from Premier Supplies :blink: at about £30 pair ish,

but said they were vvv good ?

Any ideas anyone ?

Nige

Nige,

when you wrote "vvv" did you mean very very very good or Volkswagen?

Todd.

anyone got these fitted? look nice

I have an identical looking set, unbranded, from fleabay, been on for a year or so now.

I wouldn't say they're any brighter but the beam pattern is better. I'm hoping the plastic lenses won't crack next time I plunge them with the lights on. However the plastic lenses do get scratched if you're not careful when cleaning them.

That's not them Nige. have a closer look at them tomorrow when your wiring my truck (with assiatance of course). the 110's got them fitted too. i haven'y scratched mine in the last year or so, but what i haven't done since fitting them is break a f/ glass lense when plunging into cold water at night! they are bloody tough but i didn't get em from paddocks. premiers aren't the manufacturer i think wipac might be?

Afraid this is the closest up pic i have at the moment of them fitted, but i have to say they are better quality than paddocks ones.

Steve.

post-10794-126003908349_thumb.jpg

The standard headlight on all late Defender is the halogen-bulbed Wipac light unit STC1209 available for about a tenner from Bearmach etc in an OEM box, but I am pretty certain mine are glass not plastic :unsure:

Much better than the old type sealed beams, but no idea how they compare to uprated options as most people here who want more light for dodging sheep just stick a pair of 100w spots onto an A-bar which is rather more effective than funky reflectors or silly blue bulbs :)

most people here who want more light for dodging sheep just stick a pair of 100w spots onto an A-bar which is rather more effective than funky reflectors or silly blue bulbs :)

I agree Bogmonster but it's when you meet oncoming traffic, you want the best possible light pattern in front of you.

As a test yesterday evening I removed one of the standard lights and held the VW light up to the headlight bowl to look at the pattern on the garage door. The Clear lens headlight gave a much better light pattern that put more light into a tighter area. The standard light's pattern was all over the place and even had shadows if that's the right word or can I say darker spots within the same area.

BUT the thing is with the 7" VW headlights is that they are larger than Land Rover's apparently 7" headlights. The VW lights are closer to 7" than the Land Rovers. Therefore the lights are not a simple headlight swap, there's going to be a bit of imaginative handy work to get them in. ;)

Todd.