I HATE EFI

ROGUE TROOPER

So miss fired when hot, so I thought I would change it to my old Dizzy (there is a new one on it at the mo)

Changed the dizzy to the old one and after some wiring issues, it wont start....... but backfired BIG TIME and blew the Plenum to AFM pipe off!!!

Ho hum...change it back to the new one..............it wont start....... but backfired BIG TIME and blew the Plenum to AFM pipe off again!!

Now thats strange!!!

That sounds suspiciously like the plug leads are wrong or the timing is wildly out (way too far advanced).

BTW: The ign amp pic that you posted ............. the front pin ( a ) is coil - and the other ( b ) is coil +. However, the 3 pin module is a bettter option (and the only one available now).

Ian

That sounds suspiciously like the plug leads are wrong or the timing is wildly out (way too far advanced).

Inclined to agree with Ian - the one time I've had similar behaviour from mine was when I got a couple of the plug leads crossed over. Double, triple checked them. Couldn't find anything wrong, so limped home backfiring all the way. Checked again when I got home and found it straight away - very embarrassing :(

I've had the timing way to advanced as well, but the effect wasn't as severe as what you're describing - and in any case if you've been swopping dizzies I'm guessing you've tried moving the timing around.