Van sides, but whats in the inside

As Western says - bare metal insides are a condensation magnet and hella noisey. Mine was factory standard - you don't even get a full length headlining!

I was on a budget so fitted some carpet offcuts from my parents house. (Crimson!) I used Tuff-Grip builder's glue, two years on and it's stayed put. Solved the condensation problem and noise levels noticeably reduced also.

Hi everyone!

I bought a tatty tired old 110 csw last year and rebuilt it with engine refit etc, I removed the rear windows and got some galvanised sheet steel with 20mm folds on either end to fit over the side and rivet on the folds to look as if it came out the factory here are some pics.

I cut some plywood and secured it behind the side trim panel on the inside and stuck some thin cord carpet in grey to match the trim to it, the rear loadspace is secure and more useable now and looks much better in my opinion than a 'land rover minibus' :D

the noise is very minimal and added van sides has not made it any worse, the secret is I think is make sure everything is fitted secure and illiminate any rattles and squeaks straight away, I cut no corners with my 110 and spend lots of time making sure that everything is right, but still as I tell my wife when she gets in it at the end of the day it is a Land Rover and not a BMW 750il so I will never expect it to be smooth and silent with no leaks and draughts and I would'nt want it any other way it all adds to the character of these vehicles and It puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it.

if any more pics of any detailing are needed let me know and I will post, it is still an on going project.

IMG_5578.jpg

IMG_5597.jpg

18042009066.jpg

IMG_5556.jpg

scrapatgibsonskendal.jpg

I have bought a 90 van and am intended to use foil backed camping mats and nice grey carpet all over the roof AND the sides at the back. Then a couple of fabric benches from exmoor trim. Anybody have any idea how much they cost? No prices on the site...

try here: http://www.trakkers.co.uk/

these are the retail side of exmoor trim, I know this because when I have bought from them it comes up on my bank statement as exmoor trim! prices are on this site and you can order too but be aware most items are not kept in stock but made to order and you will be given a completion date!

Thanks pathfinder, that's pretty helpful- only problem is, there's no way to tell which trim is which! I'll give them a call..

swatches are available to view on their site as well as exmoor trim site too here: http://www.trakkers.co.uk/trim-options-1480-0.html

another and cheaper idea is to find someone who is removing the bench seats out of a 110 or maybe breaking a 110! which is far and few between however I do know of a 110 csw breaking at Land rover spares in Kendal Cumbria, they only deal in cash and do not do mail order, you simply go up and strip what you need out of the vehicle their address is:

Mintsfeet Road South

Kendal LA9 6ND

01539 732 637

other than that Ebay!

the products look very neat however these can be made up simply at very little cost using plywood and fabric sourced from a carpet shop I made a removable bulkhead to hide my waffle boards and stop items from rolling into the second row footwells, it is simply held in using some bungee cord and cost me about £5, see pics also showing back of it it is actually a plastic sheet material I cadged from some shopfitters fitting displays at natwest bank ;)

IMG_5609.jpg

IMG_5612.jpg