Vibration under power

disco_al

My disco has developed a strange vibration under load.....It's not a major one, but a slight droning kind of vibration that would appear to eminate from the n/s front wheel area, however, when you back the power off it disappears.

It also becomes constant at about 55-60 mph. I'm 99% sure it's not a wheel bearing, as they usually drone constantly, and don't stop when the go pedal is released, so i'm thinking (along with a trawl through various other posts) prop uj on the front axle.

Any other pointers to watch out for? I shall be investigating the prop tomorrow morning, and if need be will strip and inspect the n/s wheel bearing (and hopefully sort the ABS problem at the same time)

Cheers all

My disco has developed a strange vibration under load.....It's not a major one, but a slight droning kind of vibration that would appear to eminate from the n/s front wheel area, however, when you back the power off it disappears.

It also becomes constant at about 55-60 mph. I'm 99% sure it's not a wheel bearing, as they usually drone constantly, and don't stop when the go pedal is released, so i'm thinking (along with a trawl through various other posts) prop uj on the front axle.

Any other pointers to watch out for? I shall be investigating the prop tomorrow morning, and if need be will strip and inspect the n/s wheel bearing (and hopefully sort the ABS problem at the same time)

Cheers all

had this before.....when its not he usual culprits i.e. prop... wheel bearings ....etc etc.....try getting your wheels rebalanced.......as loosing a few off them little weights on the wheels can cause that vib.....

My 300TDi has just picked up a vibration under load (nothing when coasting), still trying to determine if it's engine or road speed related though.

Wonder if it's purely coincidental that it started right after I replaced the off side swivel ball.

Niamh