satin black

do you fink it would look any good if i painted inside and out satin black and front grills???? thoughts please

on a 90

Any chance you could write all your words in English please? I had to go and find a teenager to explain what a 'fink' was.

Thanks!

I think that one in the photo by 'kk2' looks bril (I mean brilliant!) - very sinister. I'm powder coating a lot of the bolt on bits on mine in black with the main body panels in Atlantic Green but this one really does look mean. I think gloss or star misted black for bumpers grills and vents and then matt or semi matt for panels would be good.

I'd keep the galv checker in silver. Not so subtle I know but those areas will 'look' protected then won't they and they would balance out the galv tree sliders and under body armour. Let us know how you get on. Will watch with interest. ;):D

When you say "halfords satin black" do you mean the aerosols?

I've painted various car components over the years with halfords aerosols (and similar products from other places) but unfortunately the results dont last. The paint tends to chip very easily, so after a few months the front facing surfaces (ie wings, grille, bulkhead, mirrors etc) will be covered in "road rash" and will look rubbish.

Any chance you could write all your words in English please? I had to go and find a teenager to explain what a 'fink' was.

Thanks!

Simon, I thought you were "down with the kids!!" biggrin.gif

Interesting...

Looks like "2179" is a gloss black version, which its exactly what i'm looking for for the 90. I simply cant afford to have it painted professionally, and as i said above the normal aerosols from car shops are just not strong enough.

Did you paint the whole truck using aerosols? Does it need special primer or anything?

personally I think it looks pants! Not being an old school fuddyduddy or any thing but when I see vehicles painted like this, I think, well thats the end of that one, because I cant believe anyone who would look after a car properly would do that. I think its a short term paint job before it gets trashed. Maybe ok for a filmset. When you finished playing with it who is going to want to buy it looking like that. its almost anti-Boyracer, but it has the opposite effect, in that it screems yob! Don't wish to offend, but it WILL look cr#p. :(

Hard Hat again, sorry can't remember the paint number, if I find a spare can with the code i'll email you.

Thanks Zulu - I like the fact that it is almost teh original colour of the Modulars - anything I have seen before is much brighter silver and screams "I've been repainted"!

YoStumpy.... don't hold back! Let everyone know what you feel!! Although I have to say each to their own. Not everyone is interested in resale value - some LR are bought to use seriously offroad or as you put it get "Thrashed" therefore it is good to have a paint job that can easily be touch up. Personally I am not a fan of that look - but as I say each to their own. I dare say not everyone will like my 90 - but I do and that is enough for me.

Although I have to say I may be about to acquire a fairly rough 90 and that kind of treatment might be exactly what it needs to tidy it up!

personally I think it looks pants! Not being an old school fuddyduddy or any thing but when I see vehicles painted like this, I think, well thats the end of that one, because I cant believe anyone who would look after a car properly would do that. I think its a short term paint job before it gets trashed. Maybe ok for a filmset. When you finished playing with it who is going to want to buy it looking like that. its almost anti-Boyracer, but it has the opposite effect, in that it screems yob! Don't wish to offend, but it WILL look cr#p. :(

Stumpy, you've obviously not done much laning and like to keep the poor LR paintwork as clean as possible, thus why you have a nice white ambulance IMO of course, this paint works well for me as after laning and play day's a light rubbing down and spraying it's back as new as it will ever be, it's not my main vehicle it's a motor to be used and enjoyed, i've gathered you posted to gain a response as if you we're not bothered you could have kept the lip shut :ph34r:

Anyhow, I like it and most people who see it seem to agree, enjoy your cleaning and polishing, try using it sometime. ne nar ne nar :P:D

Laning! Yes I've done it, dont mind dents and scratches either, adds to the weathered look. nearly took the roof off once, twisted the roofrack and pushed the n/s upper body back about 2" hitting a low tree whilst sliding sideways down a very tight lane.So If I dont mind scratches and dents, and someone else touches up their truck with new black paint after every trip! who's worried about appearance more. Must say that the image of a tricked up matt black monster with more lights than blackpool and a mahoosive big winch on a 'laning' trip is just what the 'antis' want. The idea on here is everybody gets their unbiased and unpersonal say. I'm not slagging anypne off, just dont like the matt black thing OK! :angry: Oh by te way my 'ambulance' is ex water board, pic taken nearly 4 years ago just after I bought it, doesn't quite look like that now tho. BUT I have to agree with white is not my favourite colour, not in this country any way, they always seem to look ok in the US (D110) or in Africa where they reflect the heat, but a grimy lookin white doesn't do it for me like say a broze green or sand. but hey ho. Whatever you drive and watever colour it is , ENJOY IT! :)