SERIES III BODY WORK

Ferdy1001

Hi, New to this Forum so be kind!

My son has just bought his first Landy a 1974 series III. He wants to put a discovery front end on this, are the wings the same as the series III so he just has to change the bonnet and front grille, or will the whole front end need to be replaced, and if so is this just a bolt on job with some minor alterations?

Thanks

Ferdy

As the above post says, the Defender grill panel will fit with minor alterations (drilling new holes for bolts etc.).

But if you could, it may be worth advising him to keep the front end standard - even if it is just for vehicle value. If people want a Series they tend to want it to look like a Series oddly enough. :ph34r:

Why?!

as previously mentioned, you buy a series because its a series, why make it look like a defender?

the only reason i can think of is to aid with room when fitting a different engine (such as v8) but unless you have an autobox to go with it there are ways to get around it and keep it reasonably unnoticeable

but if you really do want to do it, i believe it is near enough nuts and bolts, even if its new brackets jobbie that wont be that much work to weld on some tabs.

That will look as "cool" as a fake rolex or a replica ferrari on an mr2 chassis. Land Rovers are just.. above that. Small boys and council workers love my truck cab series when I crash into town in it, even more so in summer with the roof off. I say don't do it!

Us parents have never lived and so they don't listen anyway!

im 18 so no parent! and i personally think the series look is better than a defender. the old series look is cooler. putting a defender front on it isnt going to take away the fact its on leafs, has a poor performance engine and goes slowly. its still an old landrover!

try and talk him out of it :P