Snorkel on Disco 300Tdi

crispyme

Wanting to put a snorkel onto the disco now. Looking at going Safari as i prefer the looks of them, and if I'm splashing out the money snorkels seem to go for, I want somthing that looks like it cost that much to make.

Anyway, my question is as I am running a second battery behind the near side head light. Can I run a 300 Tdi snorkel, or do I get a 200 Tdi snorkel. I have been under the assumption that if I were to run the 300 type, then I have there the airbox fitting and the battery have to fight for space, however if I were to run the 200 type, the pipe work enters the enginer bay further back, thus my battery can live in peace.

Has any one fitted a 300tdi with snorkel and second battery?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

I have done exactly that. I fitted a 200 tdi safari snorkel together with the 200 airfilter (far better in my eyes anyway as has about twice the surface area to flow) and then some bits of pipe to join it all up. And there is a 2nd battery in there too. I can get some pics tomorrow if you're interested.

I have done exactly that. I fitted a 200 tdi safari snorkel together with the 200 airfilter (far better in my eyes anyway as has about twice the surface area to flow) and then some bits of pipe to join it all up. And there is a 2nd battery in there too. I can get some pics tomorrow if you're interested.

Yes please on the pics Mark, I have been wondering how to get round that little problem.

Andy

If you get a safari snorkel you have to cut a hole in the side of the 300tdi air box, and that's where it enters. You then blank off the hole at the front where the original pipework sits, leaving plenty of room for a second battery. :)