Oil spraying from Pipe

rog k

Hi All

Could someone please tell me where the oil is coming from it is the big 90% shaped pipe on the front right hand side as you look at the front near the battery it looks like it goes into the inlet manifold,I have attached a picture with a wiggly arrow pointing to where the oil is blowing from.I have only had the 2002 Freelander TD4 ES Auto for about a month and have not had time to get an oil change and service.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank You.

Roger.

I think you will find that the big 90 degree pipe is either split or the jubilee clip has come off. I had exactly this problem and there was oil sprayed everywhere. You can get a new pipe off ebay for about £6. You should also clean out the EGR valve next to it as it is probably full of oily gunge.

have a look at http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=47000&st=0&p=430263&fromsearch=1entry430263

I think you will find that the big 90 degree pipe is either split or the jubilee clip has come off. I had exactly this problem and there was oil sprayed everywhere. You can get a new pipe off ebay for about £6. You should also clean out the EGR valve next to it as it is probably full of oily gunge.

have a look at http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=47000&st=0&p=430263&fromsearch=1entry430263

Thank you Dorsetfreelander for the reply and the link,I will do as you say and replace the pipe and clean out the EGR also I have purchased the BMW mod for the crankcase filter as I dont know if this has been done and will get the garage to fit when I take it in for service.

Thank you.