my 90 is dead

Well all,

she made it to Driffield (80 miles) without putting the fan on, maintained proper temp. Went off-road, didnt get that wet, and washed everything i could afterwards, the journey home however was less sucsessful, I have posted about a tapping, but on arrival and all weekend, it wasnt there, i thought the drive had sorted it? So homeward bound, not good, almost straight into the red, seemed to drive 10 minutes and stop for 30, having made the decision to go on and leave the safety and 50 mile-an-hour-A614, we had the A1 for 6 miles, as soon as we pulled onto there, she just gave up, within half a mile of Blythe services i was in the hard shoulder doing 4-7 MPH, couldnt go much futher as the black smoke coming from the exhaust was affecting other road users, long story, short, I think the engine is knackered,(so did the recovery guy)after a seven hour mess about with recovery******

******a note to anyone that uses recovery, they sent a tow truck(lift up front wheel kind) yeah they dont work on old landys as they are permanent 4x4) my prop didnt wanna leave its fastenings, so we had to wait till around 2am for a flat-bed recovery vehicle to get us, finally got home around 4am, not great, good job we had camped the weekend cos it was bloody cold, but we had quilts and sleeping bags, so average speed 12 hour journey and 80 miles = 6.66 MPH???????????????

I knew there was something? :blink: (6.66)

Anyone got a 200 TDi engine for sale(cheap)

Paul

if it was blowing that much black smoke and the temp was going up check the turbo hasnt collapsed before deciding to replace the whole engine the oil seals in the turbo mayhave gone sending the oil straight into your exhaust

if it was blowing that much black smoke and the temp was going up check the turbo hasnt collapsed before deciding to replace the whole engine the oil seals in the turbo mayhave gone sending the oil straight into your exhaust

I was hoping for something like a turbo problem, but there is no sign of oil anywhere? I am going to approach a garage today with the problem list to see what they say? heart of hearts tho I think its going to be a sharp and expensive learning curve buying and trying to fit a new engine.

Paul

well if its blowing black smoke its definately oil somewhere but good luck anyway

black smoke sounds more like a fuel problem to me. has the pump timing slipped? maybe jumped a few teeth, that would explain the black smoke and the loss of power, as the pump timing would be wrong.

if it was major engine failure then blue smoke would be evident.