MODS please stop deleting stuff

pugwash

Dear Mods,

Please please please please please stop deleting threads.

I am getting really frustrated with the amount of politics which "seems" to go on in the background, but is semi hidden from us "mere" mortals.

I feel really very very very stronly that threads shouldn't be deleted except in extremis (which would only be once or twice a year i reckon).

You guys should really trust us to make up our own minds about an issue (this Mr truffles one being the most recent), and should trust most us to give you guys the benefit of the doubt all the time.

Deleting threads makes it very difficult for the forum to deal with antyhing remotely challenging, and does lead to a very very closed down forum- Just like the RA forum which is pretty much dead to the world because of the mods ability to pull a thread without even telling anyone.

so please stop :)

Dear Mods,

Please please please please please stop deleting threads.

I am getting really frustrated with the amount of politics which "seems" to go on in the background, but is semi hidden from us "mere" mortals.

I feel really very very very stronly that threads shouldn't be deleted except in extremis (which would only be once or twice a year i reckon).

You guys should really trust us to make up our own minds about an issue (this Mr truffles one being the most recent), and should trust most us to give you guys the benefit of the doubt all the time.

Deleting threads makes it very difficult for the forum to deal with antyhing remotely challenging, and does lead to a very very closed down forum- Just like the RA forum which is pretty much dead to the world because of the mods ability to pull a thread without even telling anyone.

so please stop :)

Dear mods and captain pugwash

I think this post should be deleted as it is frivolous (sp) and has nothing to do with landrovers. :ph34r:

Seriously i think unless the posts are libelous or totally defamatory it would be better to lock them rather than delete them. We are all people (men being sexist and defamatory to women and i wouldn't want to upset mandy) of the world and should be big enough and ugly enough to be able to understand what is toungue in cheek and what is n't.

paul C.

Likewise here,, why was it pulled ??

from the "forum Charter thread"

Fully agree with Nige, as simple as possible, would surely help everyone,, BUT I can also see Si point !

If a thread is deleted my a Mod, rather that being wisked away into the recycle bin,, ( Like the orrp bit Si :lol: ) I think it should be locked, with the offending post/posts, edited, and the reason why, by the modifying Moderator !! This then could be appealed by the posting member to the full Admin/Moderator group

I have no problem with the OT threads,, to me,brings us all a bit closer together,and makes for a more friendly forum, so long as these are marked OT please, maybe a new section,, as most forum have them !!

Surley this is a classic case for locking, but not deleting !! ???

This is really what my objection - and suggestions were about. No more secret policing please - we already have C&A + MFI for that!

Si

I must admit I was wondering:

a: what's it all about

b: why is it being discussed on so many forums

c: was it really so bad that it should be pulled

As a Mod elsewhere, I might pull stuff once in a blue moon and only after discussion with ALL the other Mods/Admin. However, a quick warning or a lock is occasionally required.

So what is going on?

I didn't move the thread, but I do know why.

The thread descended into a slanging match, which I'm sure is very entertaining. There were/are possible legal implications to comments not on the thread bur related to it. Between Mr Wuffles (who is also Mr Truffles) and Bigfoot. Posts were being made literally every few minutes on the thread, and I was dragged into it, which on this (rare :P ) occasion I was innocent. If you all want the entertainment of me making a jaw breaking post about the ins and outs of it all, then I will, but as is normally the case, it starts as one thing and then rapidly goes downhill and ends-up as a competition to see who can insult the other the most.

The thread isn't deleted, but moved in case it's not all over.

FYI, I removed/deleted/banned member named Mr Truffles two days ago.

Mr Wuffles is welcome to continue to be a member of this website providing he adheres to the same rules everyone else has to.

If either Mr Wuffles or Bigfoot ask to me discuss this matter, then I refuse.

Les. :)

Here here! i don't see why everything is swept under the carpet.

the forum does not need to have a shiny finish, and it shouldn't be moderated to that extent.

I have no idea what the trouble is over, i'm not really that bothered, but to have the thread pulled smacks of censorship. Lock it, then everyone will see why it was locked, problem solved - we're not all left wondering what happened.

my 2c

Luke

now i am even more confused-

i thought you were part of the mud-slinging?

Whateever.

Les- no probs with mods doing there thing- but we like a bit of entertainment now and then- and we're all growns up here so can deal with whatever comes up. As Tim said, the thread was fine when i went to bed late last night and i woke up this morning hoping someone would at least be able to say what was going on!

If the thread is starting to become libellous then please remove the relevant thread and lock it with a note saying it's out of hand. I am sure that if the thread was really out of order then one of us would PM you to ask for it to be removed!

Guest mr_wuffles

Well when it's got nothing to do with anyone but me why do you care and i dont see why you should get a choice in that matter?? Can you stop talking about me so i can go away again <_<

Well when it's got nothing to do with anyone but me why do you care and i dont see why you should get a choice in that matter?? Can you stop talking about me so i can go away again <_<

YOU have chosen to air things in public ( no idea what i didn't see said post) so it does involve ANY menber of this forum.

Now my views, threads should not be deleted, locked should be enough

i agree with pugwash... this place was set up as we all got fed up with one persons hidden agenda, and silly politics.... it now seams that the mods take it upon themselves to play god from time to time, and remove things they don't like.... :(<_<

i hope this place doesn't end up like the other one did..... :(:rolleyes:

I don't understand what you mean Tim.

Les. :)

Les, was doing my post at the same time as yours was put up,so is not in reply to it,

After the 7/9 posts that I read,(not really counting) it was starting to turn into a tit for tat, slanging match,

I did not see it after about 8ish, so do not know how far it went,

would it not of been best to lock it then, rather that just delete ??

I get the feeling the majority would prefer locked thread's if absolutely needed, rather than deleted ones

Guest mr_wuffles

I never chose to air anything :rolleyes: TonyC started the thread yesterday i would have know nothing about it only someone told me about it. I very rarely vist this forum after the whole Damaged Disco/classified threads i just couldn't be bothered with the hassle, i prefer the much more easy going ORRP.com and that why i spend my time there, but hey each to there own.

Ask yourself this....if someone started talking about you and slagging you off would you just sit back and say nothing?

Can we let this die now?

I get the feeling the majority would prefer locked thread's if absolutely needed, rather than deleted ones

yeah, locked threads have a bit of transparency about them, just deleting them is a bit nanny state....

Guest mr_wuffles

Yesterdays thread was settled between me and Tony via PM (we both thought whats the point in dragging it out in public) a joke was taken in the wrong way appolgies where made. Alot of stuff goes on in the private mods forum that you'll never know about thats just something your going to have to except. People are just having a bit of fun stirring the pot now and it'll go nowhere.

Here here! i don't see why everything is swept under the carpet.

Its never sweped under the carpet..................

.......its Vacuumed up using the LR4x4 vaccum cleaner by a Mod wearing a maids uniform and placed in a bag for recycling so that the floor is all nice and clear........ :)

IMHO if it's been posted on a public forum it should be left on a public forum, locked if necessary, and only removed in exceptional circumstances and then an explanation given. Besides pulling threads only moved the discussion somewhere else.