Donations Towards Cave Rescue Landrover

Credit to 2drdan, as this was originally his suggestion.

For those of you that haven't read the original thread, West Brecon Cave Rescue Team had their Land Rover and some rescue gear stolen on Sunday night/ Monday morning. According to the BBC they were uninsured for the full cost of replacement and have to raise money to cover the shortfall in the replacement cost.

caverescue.jpg

The suggestion has been made that we have a whip round and make a donation to the West Brecon Cave Rescue Team. Tony (White90 - our treasurer) has agreed to handle the money, so if you would like to chip in, send your donation to the forum paypal account ( NOW CLOSED) clearly marked 'West Brecon Cave Rescue Team' (so Tony doesn't spend it on gin :P ).

Steve G pointed us to this thread from Mud-Club so I hope you don't mind if we do a joint donation through Tony & LR4x4 to West Brecon Cave Rescue as you've already set this one up. It is all for a good cause and it seems pointless sending two sets on donations from two different Land Rover/4x4 forums. :D

I've made a donation and marked it "West Brecon Cave Rescue Team (Mud-Club)" and I'll ask the other Mud-Club members to do the same, just in case you wonder what it's all about and who these people are if they're not LR4x4 members Tony. ;)

Thanks for setting this up, cracking idea! :D

I'll leave it a while to see if anymore will be forthcoming before sending a chq

Donation sent - Make sure you stick a couple of forum stickers in with the Cheque :)

Mark

I have recieved x2 payments via paypal in US dollars

Richard Wheeler (top90) IIRC

and Nigel Thorne

If you meant to send dollars that is fine I have had them converted to sterling if you made an error and meant to send sterling only half the amount is here.

ie $50 = £25.68 once converted via Paypal.

The link that Geoff's posted seems to default to USD and not Sterling for some reason.

So if anyone else wants to donate using Sterling it may be better to go into www.paypal.co.uk, log into your account and click "Send Payment". That way if defaults to Sterling. ;)

I have recieved x2 payments via paypal in US dollars

Richard Wheeler (top90) IIRC

and Nigel Thorne

If you meant to send dollars that is fine I have had them converted to sterling if you made an error and meant to send sterling only half the amount is here.

ie $50 = £25.68 once converted via Paypal.

Thats correct, I had a moment and could not seem to get on the .co.uk site so I sent $50 instead of £25.

Richard