Extended arches

So.. I don't currently own a Defender, but my brother does. And today we fitted some arches from a truck/lorry to his 90" This was not done to accommodate his 35" BFG's, but as a preparation for when he gets his Mog/LR hybrid axles ready. Because we're both pretty sure that he won't be running "just" 35's then :ph34r:

So here goes the pics:

post-9137-000692900 1289941275_thumb.jpg

Very nice Soren. I thought in the early pics you had cut out the wheel box and were going to use the full width of the lorry arch to provide not just the outer flare but also act as the inner (plastic) wheel box (rather then fab the inner wheel box in ali as is usual). Does that make sense and have you any thoughts on that as an option? I ask as I still need to sort my wheel boxes.

Trev, that was exactly the plan from the beginning. BUT it was not possible due to the location of the rollcage rearstays. So we would have to make a great cutout in the plastic and close that somehow that would be both waterproof, and decent to look at. So my brother choose to make the ali ones instead as he could then make them to fit from the beginning.

So if you haven't got those, or anything similar in the way that would be the best way to go.