200tdi disco in to 90

I changed the sender to the one that came with the steve parker, water kit, and it still reads the same as what the disco sender the end of the white, the pipes are just nice and warm, the thread is fine so would this work ? cheers

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Land-Rover-90-110-Temperature-Sender-Transmitter-/140475900874?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20b50423ca

Edit original engine was a 19j turbo diesel,,

the disco engine has a fine thread

use either temp sender PRC2505 or PRC6663, both were fitted to TD vehicles.

have you tried the temp sender frpm your original engine?

at least you know it works with the temp gauge.

I used the old 19J sender when we put a 200tdi in my mate 90.

ive tried a prc 8593 , and i dont know what the original sender fitted on my conversion 200 tdi into a td 90 but both have produced a just under the red reading i dont know if any one has any suggestions of what to try next?

ive tried a prc 8593 , and i dont know what the original sender fitted on my conversion 200 tdi into a td 90 but both have produced a just under the red reading i dont know if any one has any suggestions of what to try next?

PRC8593 is a 5/8UNF threaded temp sender for a Defender 200Tdi, not a Disco 200Tdi, the 2 I mentioned above will fit & can't see any reason why they won't work with the existing temp gauge.

do you recon if i look out foe a defender 200 tdi temp gauge at the autojumbles that would solve it ? , its sort of panic over with the tempreture reading as the engine is warm to the touch even with the high reading , changed the heater matrix and with the cooler 200 engine ive noticed the heater isnt so hot is that normal?

it might, my 110 was a TD with temp gauge PRC7311 it worked with the Defender 200Tdi temp sender PRC8593, the other temp gauges are

AMR2070 fitted to factory built 200TDi vehicles & AMR2631 fitted to 300Tdi vehicles until the Td5 engine took over.

Ralph,

What's this 299tdi thing???? hehe.

I can't remember what sender i used, but since the cold weather, and a bit before, my temp gauge wouldn't read above about 1/4 in to the white area and regularly doesn't come much above the end of the blue section (running td5 gauges and sender) is there another sender that could be used??

Many thanks

Chris

Yep, the 300Tdi AMR1425 sender is the one you want to use the Td5 gauge Chris. I can't recall, you've modified you loom haven't you?

The green-top sender as above, wired with a modified loom (so that it is passed through the speedo head), provides a running temperature of just to the left of vertical.

Like this:

DSC00904.jpg

Phillis..sorry for the thread hijack :ph34r:

James,

Yeah used the AMR1425 and modified the loom..but it hasn't, recently, moved over to that position...it hardly moves beyond the first white upright....but i do have my blower on full and the hot air on max...not that hot, hot air comes out!!..when i do turn the heat down, then it moves abit. But at motorway speeds, i assume that there is alot of cold air hitting the rad (esp now!!!) and this is cooling the engine down.

I've left the engine running for 20mins at rest and it hardly moves at all! maybe a new sender required when i get a chance to order and fit.

Chris

I'd be curious to know the resistance of the resister in the speedo head. When I was playing with resisters in the sender line before we knew about the one in the speedo head, I found that 55 ohms gave a central, vertical needle at normal operating temp in my 300 in summer.

Mo

All it would take would be a resistance reading between pins 5 and 9 on the lower plug aperture.

Next time I'm down the workshop I'll try it with one of my spare Td5 heads. I have one here but the multimeter is typically down there!

PS: Chris, what make was your 300Tdi sender. Didn't come in a blue box did it?