ContiCrossContact AT

Driving along the motorway I passed a transporter full of Defenders, nothing unusual there.... however I noticed that the defenders have new types of boots on them gone are the General Grabbers in exchange for ContiCrossContact AT has anyone used them yet? what are they like? are they better than the General Grabbers?

The reason I ask is two fold.

I am amongst the few who actually quite like the General Grabber and think it is a very underrated tyre for 70/30 on/off road use they wear very well and actual give a fair amount of grip in the mud, especially when used with the T/C ABS.

my tyre buying methodology over the past few years is to monitor ebay and pick up a set of new take off General Grabber's either on or off the wheels, these tend to come with about 14mm on them I then exchange them for another set when they get to around 10mm selling the "old set" for not a lot less than the new ones strange thing I noticed that a set of tyres with decent tread seems to go for around the same money and as I can get the tyres changed for beer then tyres end up costing me around £40 per year which I can happily cope with.

Cheers, Jason.

• 2 months later...

Well I am about to find out as I have just picked up a set of 5 new take off wheels and tyres for £410!! my current tyres are down to 11mm so will get that money back easily I am always careful to check they are not new take off from someone's Landy that did not give consent and in this case the guy has just brought a 90 and is changing the wheels to the new razor tooth type!! good luck to him the boosts are fine for me.

Jason.