Sorry, blatant I'm happy thread -new MS success!

Bowie69

I'm now on my second Jolting, and this is my third squirting, a Lexus 4.0 V8, destined to go into a Rocsta, with Lexus autobox and Surf t-case and some other axles or something.

Wanted to get it up and running on the engine stand after it was pulled apart to make sure it was all OK, so jury rigged it with bits of bailer twine, cable ties and gaffer, and no exhaust, TURN UP THE VOLUME FOR V8 GOODNESS:

Cheers to Nige for getting the 12' loom to us before the weekend, it wouldn't be done yet otherwise :)

Yup, a 1993ish one... 4.0L, no VVTI, and importantly not an interference fit engine, the VVTI engine grenades if the timing belt goes.

On MS, with a less restrictive exhaust than the stock one, and of course no AFM to get in the way, they are good for 275BHP with stock everything, if you want to go silly, supercharger or turbos for ~400BHP, again all on stock internals. With a few changes to rods/pistons you can get 1000BHP on a stock block :blink:

I think it will be staying standard ;)

It's more secure than it looks TBH, locking pin was in, extra support in the form of a motorbike stand under the front of it, and all cable tied together.... it was less scary than I imagined walking over to it and revving it up :)

Glad to help :)sounded as thou matey was so hacked off I could hear his bottom lip

dragging on the floorfrom here :lol: ....glad it got there in time

anyway

That sounds looverley and grunty, a shame to put on exhausts

and fit into a truck :lol:

Love the torque twist on blipping, defo touch of the heath robinsons

in there - which is good to see I'm not alone :D

Would be good to see install / finished piccies and thread too ?

Nige

Would be good to see install / finished piccies and thread too ?

He's started a thread on the HPOC forum (as it's a common conversion to put these in Hiluxes for off roading), and using it to source parts/information:

http://www.hpoc.co.u...showtopic=25987

Oh, and two more videos:

Hillbillys? Noooo!!!! :lol:

• 9 months later...

Resurrecting an oldish thread. I saw one of these (Lexus V8 in Toyota truck) trialling at the weekend and was simply left in awe. I assume this is in the car now? What sort of fuel consumption is he getting in a Defendery type vehicle?

It's still in-build at the moment.... plans changed, and he's started a new business since this was posted, but is sitting in a Patrol chassis with a Rocsta body sat on top of that :)

I don't know what you would get, but his other lexus, a 2 ton saloon, manages just about 28-30mpg doing 15-20 mile journeys now.

Where/who was driving the truck? Megasquirted or stock ECU?

I don't speak Toyota, I think it was a SWB Land Cruiser? LS400 V8 from a '92 car with stock ECU. Mightily impressed with it's ability to go from nothing idle to full chat in an instant and having 50% more torque and power available in a nice compact lump.

Did your mate sell his other one?

I'd go with the whole car, it gives all the bits. Sorely tempted. My 110 has a happy enough 3.5 EFi but after seeing that thing go I now want more! Just trying to decide if I want to ditch the R380 and go with the autobox. It will be a quicker conversion if I stay manual plus I'd want to run it on gas so MS gives me switch maps

Just when I should be getting on with other things....