Dixon Bate Towbar bracket missing

just measured mine diemensions are approximates

50 x 50 x 4 mm 90 degree equal angle

435mm overall length

outer bolt centres approx 15mm from end

centre bolt centre 96mm from outer bolt centres

bolt holes can be picked up from the rear cross member lower face.

2 holes for big bolts to attach ladder part can be drilled when ladder part is bolted to rear cross member using the upper pair of bolt holes, lower pair of bolts go through the angle.

hth.

• 2 months later...

Ok, to ressurect this thread some what:

Could some kind soul do the same as before, I.e. measure the size of the angle on the Dixon-bate arrangement? This time it's the two stays on the left of pie-eater's photo? I don't need any hole pitch dimensions, just the size of the angle profile itself. Reason I ask is appear to have two sets of stays, both of different profiles, neither or which quite seem to fit. I just need to know which of the two sets I need to 'persuade' to fit with the brummie screwdriver before cleaning up+painting the whole arrangement.

Many thanks

Matt

Be carefull as there are different types me thinks, as I ordered one, when i got it the bolts on the underside of the member didn;t line up with the pre drilled holes on the bracket... so i've been using it without.

I couldn't see it adding that much more strength to be honest (i did think about it). the important bits are tarqueing the main tie bolts up properly and a pgood thick back plate to the crossmember or you'll end up pull the bolts through it. (like mine neary had after a recovery eye had previously been fitted to it incorectly)

Mav

Mav,

I meant the tie bars that attach at the chassis rail and at the bottom of the 'ladder'

post-20525-0-37806100-1340206293_thumb.jpg

Not the bit of angle that connects the ladder to the x-member, I've got that! I just appear to have 4 of the former, when I should have 2, none of which quite seem to fit.

If some kind soul could apply a tape measure to their cross braces and tell me the size of the angle iron, I'd be most grateful.