My heart says yes but..

copey

Pose or off-road?? freelanders are okay for picking up kids and shopping, beyond that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly... f**koff! Freebies are embarrassingly capable off-road. The only drawback is ground clearance in ruts / breakovers, but as an all-rounder they are awesome.

V6 auto is a horrible thing though, just avoid the V6 unless it's free, they use the most fuel, are the least reliable and aren't significantly faster than a 1.8 TD4.

Mods hat on.......

Ladies.....

Stop bickering.... We should respect each other here...

If you want to have a laugh at someones expense, visit the Ebay thread in International.

If you don't like Freelanders, stay out of the area and don't come in here for digs or fun.....

Mods hat off.....

Play nice John... :)

ahh, I take it thats a big NO NO then. :D

Have seen a few saying front prop-shaft removed for economy, looks as though they do it to hide a fault

Yes, it is a common fix to avoid the considerable expense of buying a new IRD. To be fair many would never realise it had been removed. Seriously that Ebay advert has alarm bells all over it.

Must admit, if I had to have a Hippo, I'd go for a 3.2 petrol-V6 every time. They depreciate faster than an elephant sliding down a PTFE-lubricated bobsleigh-track - meaning you can pick one up that's 3 years old (ex-lease) for peanuts - then strip out/sell on all the petrol-system and do a proper multi-point-injection LPG conversion for £2500 or so.

The result being a fast, free-revving and enjoyable vehicle with a great audio-soundtrack, that's as economical as a diesel.

Shame they never did a manual version of the 3.2 V6 though... That would be some serious fun!

Thanks for all your comments guys, don`t want to start war...but fair do`s telling it like it is, does do the trick sometimes

...,I get the message..... can we all play together now... :lol::lol::lol:

PS

At 71,I dont really need a F/L to pose in,or go off roading in, just want a nice smallish vehicle to take SWMBO upto Sainsbugs and get the weeks groceries, its the right height for me to get into, as I can not bend my spine much and they do auto`s.....SORTED :D

unless you know any better... ..ok i`m goin` now. :rolleyes: