Heated windscreen wiring routing

Hi all,

So years ago I got a heated windscreen fitted - two tab job. Finally got around to ordering the kit from here and while I had half the dash off to repair the wiper mechanism, thought I'd wire it in.

I know a lot of you here have fitted and wired them - I'm happy(ish) with where the connections need to go, whats stumping me is a good way of routing it all so it isn't visible, and also means I don't need to cut holes in my battery box.

I'm mounting the switch in the place where the ash tray normally sits.

My initial effort through the dash interior is poo, and unsightly, so how have people here done it? Out along the engine bay side of the dash and back in?

How did you route it in and out of the battery box? And finally where did you mount the relays? I'm not that keen on battery box due to water ingress etc, which leads me back to engine bay again...

If anyone could provide photos I'd be much obliged!

Ta

I've used the same kit.

Relays behind the pass seat. Wiring runs outside down the chassis rail, up into the engine bay, through the rubber multi grommet just inboard of the heater and then to the centre console and the screen.

I made one hole in the rear tub floor right behind the pass seat, aft of the joining flange to lead the wiring away from the relays. The battery box is full of holes, choose one, use a grommet and feed the relays earth and power lead through and connect to the battery.

I connected the windscreen earth to the bulkhead earth stud as I have a td5 bulkhead.

Job done.

Mo

I made my own loom for the 'screen. The switch is in the front of the cubby box, from there to the relays in the battery box, then like Mo out of the battery box following and tied to the battery to starter cable and into the bulkhead.

Mine is a three tab one. I just found a suitable earth point on the bulkhead.

What model? 300 tdi will have an engine mounted fuse box with plenty of spare pickup points. If not then you can always take power off the starter motor and simply mount a relay in the engine bay. All my aux relays for heated screen and lights etc are behind the centre console in the dash.