Replacement header joints/connectors

bigbeast

Hi chaps. I've googled this but I'm not getting any answers.

I have been chasing an intermittent fault with my lights and alarm for a short while. Side lights and head lights not working, then working, then not working, then alarm siren goes off when light switch moved to side light position, then fine for 2 months, then stopped working completely! Fun fun

Anyway tracked it down today to a melted blue header (0287) behind the lower dash. The problem is I can't find anywhere that sells these connections. They are made by sumitomo and are a 090 hm series, but seemingly cannot be bought.

Can anyone advise? Or better yet does anyone have one going spare, beer tokens will obviously be paid

It may be a trip to the scrapyard to source one otherwise

Pics of offending header are below

post-15189-0-35702300-1386440941_thumb.jpg

post-15189-0-69494800-1386440966_thumb.jpg

Best not connect them all together!! Some of those have separate spacers and one connector can feed a few different things, got them on my 200Tdi Disco just in grey and black.

Can you take a close up picture of the inside of the top and the base please, if I still have some on the old 300Tdi Disco loom I will post to you FOC.

Hi Nigel thanks for the kind offer, however I pm'd Paul and he will supply me with one and the new terminals I need also. Cheers anyway much appreciated

You are correct though, the connector splices 4 seperate circuits. You can't just join all the wires together but you can join all the blacks together, all the browns together, etc

I've already PM'ed Ben (bigbeast) :)

I have these headers new, with new terminals, in six colours, including Blue.

As Nigel has said, these headers are not all one circuit, they're sub-divided.

Black

Sub-divided into five circuits -

HMSplice-Black-Circuits.jpg

Blue

Sub-divided into four circuits -

HMSplice-Blue-Circuits.jpg

Green

Sub-divided into four circuits -

HMSplice-Green-Circuits.jpg

Grey

Sub-divided into three circuits -

HMSplice-Grey-Circuits.jpg

Orange

Sub-divided into six circuits -

HMSplice-Orange-Circuits.jpg

Yellow

Sub-divided into five circuits -

HMSplice-Yellow-Circuits.jpg

I don't want to clutter up a tech thread, but just wanted to say kudos to PauMc - brilliant info you share on all things electrical.

I wish I'd know this a couple of years back when I had a blue earthing header melt on my td5 ! I used push fit headers from CPC, not as compact or factory as this.

Anderzander it was in fact your old thread about that which prompted me to check my header as we had the same fault issues.

looks like it's quite a common-ish fault. Seen a few threads from the various other forums which had the same issue too, all had the same knackered header

looks like it's quite a common-ish fault. Seen a few threads from the various other forums which had the same issue too, all had the same knackered header

I too found some of mine corrupt and yes not from the under dash fire either :P

Based on that I am wondering if there is a specific amp/current rating per block???

• 9 years later...