Door handle variants.

So I'm trying to put a set of doors together and have gotten to the point where I put on the handles and hook up all the linkages... and have identified at least 4 different push-button variants when it comes to the door locks.. is there a reference out there showing which parts go together... the new door handles I got when I put the smaller of the lock variants in place have excess end-play which they don't have in other handles that look identical, and then there are two variety with a larger lock bore both of which are incompatible with each other.

I'll probably be able to cobble something together that will work this time, but for future reference it would be really nice to be able to just order all matching parts and not have to deal with this extra BS.

IIRC 300tdi & Td5 & later use the bigger lock barrel/door,ign key

, earlier use a seperate key for door locks.

Have yet to replace my lock barrels, so cannot comment on size, but can state that my '98 300Tdi has separate door and ignition keys and is near enough factory standard. As one of the last 300s, it may have been more of a bitsa than most.

Fairly certain the bigger locks were fitted on the post 2002 defenders so if they were on a 300TDI it would have to be a ROW spec one and even early TD5's would have been small locks.

EDIT: Knew there was a thread on them http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=64861

Top job Mr Wabbit, I wasn't aware of that thread, now added to the tech archive. :i-m_so_happy: