Adding Intermittent Wash/wipe To Older 90/110

western

Thought I'd add this to the Tech Archive-----------

some time back I fitted a front wash/wipe intermittent system to my '89 110, all the info is below, in edited form :D

Done this using the geniune parts, you need harness PRC8295 and relay AMR2341, remove the fuse box cover, pull the mat away from the sides of the fuse box, take out one screw each side,disconnect the wiper connector, plug in the new harness, plug the new relay into the new section of harness, refit all the removed screws and covers, switch on and play with the wipers to check it all works, should now have intermittent wipe when switch is down, slow and fast speeds when switch is up, push wash and should get wash with 4 wipes. the parts are quite reasonably priced as well, as I say done this on my '89 110 all works fine, a good mod for all 90\110 which don't have intermittent wash\wipe.

on checking the cable routing on my 110, with the relay and it's socket behind the fuse box, the 2 legs of the harness go up the tunnel, where all the other cables go, (may need a 'fishing rod' or string to pull them up through here) to the back of the radio\rear wiper switch, from here they travel along to the front wiper stalk inside the steering column cover,remove this cover for access, inside here disconnect the front wiper stalk connectors, reconnect these 2 to the new harness, make sure everything is safe, switch on the ignition and test the new system, if all OK, refit the previously removed covers\ fusebox. it's not quite as simple as it appears in my original paragraph above.

on the new harness at the wiper switch end connector there are 6 wires which matches the switch connector wires and colours. A quick look at wiring diagram in my workshop manual shows connector with 5 wires going to wiper motor, connector with 6 wires going to wash\wipe switch on steering column

Checked parts cat. If you have this wash\wipe switch fitted PRC3900 upto VIN FA455595, reckon you need this later one PRC7370 switch wash\wipe delay from VIN FA455596, the early one is most likely to be unavailable, probably superseeded by the later number.

Additional info ------------ also relay PRC6864 from early Discovery & Range Rover will work, it was superseded by AMR2341.

if anyone wants to make a homemade harness, you''ll need to know the relay pin idents

File0109.jpg

• 12 years later...

1. Relay pin out picture reposted above ^^^ &  Loom is only available from Autosparks now LR have discontinued it. or make your own. photo attached below item in middle line

you need this later one PRC7370 switch wash\wipe delay from VIN FA455596, the early one is most likely to be unavailable, probably superseeded by the later number.

WP_20180404_21_58_55_Pro[1].jpg