Alternator belt

Hi.

Bit of an odd one.

Alt belt snapped coming home form off roading, no problem order a new one for a 2.5nad ETC7939. Which the 200tdi and a few others use also. My mate had a spare so I thought handy but when fitted it it's about 2 inches to tight. I can't find any other belt listed so I suppose one of the pullies has been changed at some time. Or does anyone no any different.

Yea that''s exactly what was happening 1025 to tight 1030 still tight and either would have been a beast to fit.

Ended up sticking a 1050 on from a Series something thanks to the local LR guy and it tensioned up perfect.

I am in the process of going 300tdi and wouldn't you know the 2.5na plays up in it's last few days. Land Rovers. :closedeyes:

Thank guys.

I've had a look at the sleeve my new belt was in Dayco made in USA 2013. Got at the local LR center it has an Allmakes sticker on it with the date 22nd Nov 2013 so it has sat about for a while maybe they stopped making that one ?

My snapped belt was Bosch AVX 10 X 1025 probably the one that was fitted on the production line.

• 2 weeks later...