Jump to content


Settled In
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

5 Neutral

About toenden

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

885 profile views
  1. Could the non thermostat approach not work nicely combined with a water to oil heatexchanger? That way your gearboxoil would always be sort of the right temp? /mads
  2. Hi Arjan, I have tried the same thing, it doesn't exactlly give a Happy missis as it was on the way to a eventing competition with to horses in the trailer... It is possible to remove the flange. I made a puller from an old viscosefannut which I cut of and put a bolt in to use as extractor. Worked a treat, but the front cover needs to come off for the New flange to be pushed home. /mads
  3. If I remember correct, turning one of the ways preasurises the piston via the housing...so to speek, could very well be turning right. It would explain why it only dripples in one direction. /mads
  4. Hi ian. This is my take on it. I used the original part but flipped it and put a pair og small tubes (approx 20 mm) between the airconboltholes and the bracket. Connected the arm to the bolt connecting the speedercable to the pump and voila. 😀 I have used this setup a couple of times and runned it for 8 in this car. Please ignore the disconnected kickdowncable, it seized last week... /mads
  5. Maybe you are able to See which one that used to have bolts in from the steeringguard? (Depending if you allready cleaned them...) /mads
  6. I has allways believed it was for "natural asmathic"...? 😂 But they sure are long lived. /mads
  7. But white tiresides? -really? 🙄 Nice little truck though. /mads
  8. Back in 2009 I participated in the transgothica raid in poland which had approx 1000km of highspeed roadbook spiced with specialtracks along the way. Seeing day 4-6 everybody nomatter carmake, be it land rover, suzuki, jeep cj, jeep on volvo portals, toyota were cutting a slot in the underside of their frontaxletubes and welding it to regain some kind of castor correction. My point being, std axels used in anger even without to much airtime will bend even from the stress of hitting potholes alone 😀 /mads
  9. ...so you will be the one getting the clay down your neck then... 😅 /mads
  10. I run at3's on Our d3. They are nice to ride (softish) with an okay noiselevel and though still rather offroad biased compared to other available tires. /mads
  11. ...10kg for a winch seems a bit low? -have you remembered the winchtray and stuf like that? People always seem to be a bit low on the expected weight of their car... 😀 /mads
  12. Ny parents defender td5 from 2000 has the balanceblock in the lt230 so it did make it to some defenders 😀 /mads
  13. I Think you are right that the engine moves about quite a lot. The 2,5td mounts on mine are not exactly known for their flex but during challenge events the engine drivebelt can chew in a badly placed radiatorhose which is 1,5cm further forward. I think the problem is when enginebreaking going down step edges which might not be that big an issue for your type event though... 😀 /mads
  14. A mate of mine have fitted a couple of tow rings to the bolt in the front bush on the radius arms. It works really well in competition use when running multible vehicle events on hills as it is the axle and not the chassis that gets dragged over the top. The codriver do however need to have an eye on the rope/winch line not to get in contact with the wheels.. /mads
  15. I once had a 19j which I ran for numerous years with no problems. The engine had a rebuilt early in its life at 100k km when it broke the bottom of a piston and tried to out the piston out the side of the block. It did get home on its own although running a bit harsh... my parents got the engine rebuilt and drove on for another 80k km pulling the family caravan and so on. At this age it was replaced with a 300tdi for the extra power and I "got rid" of the engine for them by putting it in my 90" along with an radiator/intercooler from an 300tdi (your are right, easy swop) and a boost upped to 0.9 bar for some unknown reason... here it lived for another 100k km with 1 change of the headgasket because it develloped a waterleak to the outside! It was used to pull horsetrailers normal community as well as rather heavy offroad. It got changed with a 300 to get some more power but was reused in yet another car where I lost track of it. It ran realy nice, had ok power and was reliable! (I know this isn't the normal opinion but I realy liked it)I remember thinking that the intercooler gave a feeling of some more lowdown power. There wasn't any obvious signs of cracked pistons when we opened it to do the headgasket but I didn't remove any pistons to check thoroughly. It didn't breathe and didn't use oil or water. The breather was removed from the airfilter and put into a bottle, but I can't remember ever emptying the bottle... 😀 All i all a nice engine but a bit vintage and fragile. /mads
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy