Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Silly Question Warning'.
Hi everybody its been quite a while since I was on the forum. Things have been a bit busy with work and home so I didn't manage to MOT the 90 last year and so haven't used the old girl since last July but I have been firing her up periodically to keep liquids moving around the system. The other day I found it needed several turns of the engine to fire up as both batteries were very low on charge even though I have a solar charger. I was speaking to a friend who said that these batteries develop a memory and as such I might have a problem if they have been run low for any length of time. The batteries are a pair of 12 volt,deep cycle (liquid not gel) leisure batteries the kind with four terminals. I have a T-Max SPLIT charge system and when I pushed the monitor button after charging the levels were 12.2 volts for the primary battery and 12.6 for the auxiliary battery. I know this might be a dumb question but I don't know a thing about "eletrickery" does this sound right as I seem to remember the levels reading A much higher level in the past but that could be a memory fail on my part . Or could it be that the engine whilst running would cause the monitor to indicate a higher level because its charging? The led indicator on the charger states both batteries are fully charged? Any thoughts ? J2J