Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'range rover 3 dr'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • The Lounge
    • International Forum
    • Modified Vehicle Builds & Special Projects
    • Getting out and about
    • Competing in Land Rovers
    • Tools and Fabrication
    • The Video Shack
  • Tech Archive
    • Land Rover Technical Archive
    • Requests for Part Numbers
  • Vehicles
    • Series Forum
    • Defender Forum
    • Freelander Forum
    • Discovery Forum
    • Range Rover Forum
    • Military Forum
    • Evoque Forum

Calendars

There are no results to display.

Blogs

  • LR90's Blog
  • geoffbeaumont's Blog
  • My 1991 RRC 4.0 V8
  • Doublecab Happenings

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. Introducing 'Blondie' my 1980 RR 3 door project. Bought back in March 2018 whilst on a flying trip to the UK. She has already made a brief appearance here posted in a thread on 2 post and 4 post lifts and ought to have been featured a bit more before now except that life gets in the way and registering vehicles in different countries is never a straightforward as one supposes. So DVLA finally got the right detail in sufficient boxes for me to go back to the Vehicle registration tax office (VRT for short) and because it is more than 6 months since I was last there, my file has been erased and I need to start again, oh well............. which means (re)presenting the vehicle for an ID check,...... better check it over then. I go out and start up Blondie, check the lights, brake pedal nearly hits the floor not good! And I set about putting the back seat back in after it was used to ferry some big sheets of glass, when I went round to open the passenger door to deal with the LHS the bottom hinge pin promptly snapped! even less good! It is clear Blondie hasn't appreciated 6 months of inaction. Never had an early Range Rover before, so I set about looking at how the hinges are fixed and reckon its easier to take the wing off for access, before long I have the bonnet , scuttle panel and wing off (snapped a bolt in the bumper on the way) and finally see that the hinge bolts, on this one anyway have loose nuts at the back of the door post. Next nasty surprise is now obvious, the door post mounting plate for the wing is half rotted away and there are a couple of rusty holes in the post itself. Well lately I have been watching a lot of 'Binky' vids and of course George's 'SOUP' series, so I think I ought to see to the rust before I put the wing back with a proper patch. I should say that whilst I have been tinkering with cars since I was in short trousers I have never attempted any bodywork before. So out comes the grinder and the cardboard and this is what I have managed to do today. Damage cut out and patch in the making. Welded in. Finally added a piece for the wing fixing, old and new side by side, quite pleased with the result. All in all I am reasonably pleased with my efforts and glad that I wasn't trying to do a frame by frame sequence at the same time! It is obvious that the standard of most previous work carried out is poor and there will be a lot of re-doing of bodywork as I go. Tomorrow I need to get this back together and look at the brakes.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy