Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'return'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Lounge
    • International Forum
    • Modified Vehicle Builds & Special Projects
    • Getting out and about
    • Competing in Land Rovers
    • Tools and Fabrication
    • The Video Shack
  • Tech Archive
    • Land Rover Technical Archive
    • Requests for Part Numbers
  • Vehicles
    • Series Forum
    • Defender Forum (1983 - 2016)
    • New Defender Forum (2020 onwards)
    • The New Ineos Grenadier
    • Freelander Forum
    • Discovery Forum
    • Range Rover Forum
    • Military Forum
    • Evoque Forum


There are no results to display.


  • LR90's Blog
  • geoffbeaumont's Blog
  • My 1991 RRC 4.0 V8
  • Doublecab Happenings

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Found 2 results

  1. The question is, will the engine run OK under road conditions, when the only fuel return is from the spill rail to the top of the fuel filter? At the moment the normal return to the tank is blocked, as the tank it goes to is removed for repair. The background is: I'm currently trying to make roadworthy an ex military 109" with twin underseat tanks, where a PO has changed the 2.25 Petrol to a 2.25 Diesel. The RH tank is leaky, and out of the vehicle for repair. The PO fitted just one fuel return, to this tank, and I've currently blocked it off. Using fuel in the LH tank, I have successfully started the engine, and run it on tickover for long enough to get the thermostat open. The 'return' from the spill rail goes to the top of the fuel filter, and it was this junction I opened to bleed the system before starting the engine. Thanks.
  2. Basically, ive got a petrol Series 3.. Am going to convert to 200tdi. Question being, how is best to connect up the return fuel pipe? Should i get the proper bit that screws in the tank, from a diesel, so it has the feed and return pipe? Or just drill and solder a fitting to the one i already have? Then it gets complicated... I've got dual fuel tanks. The feed goes through a diverter switch, connecting either tank, and the fuel gauge sender of the relevant tank. Are there any diverter switch that switch feed and return? Or will i need to get a seperate switch and link the two some how? Any thoughts on this / how to go about linking two switches? Cheers
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy