LT230 diff linkage

• 1 month later...

So I can't seem to get this part anywhere, no one makes them and no one seems to have them in stock when I order them. So what options do I have? I can try and bend my own, my plan was out of M6 threaded rod so I can just bolt it in place. I did try but I kept snapping the rod, guessing I need to heat it first though!

Is there a way to upgrade the linkage to the newer type that uses part FRC8544? 

Cheers

There must be one sat on a shelf somewhere, you just have to find it. If you can't find one then find a blacksmith who can make you one, it's really only a ten minute job to make one.

But you will need to measure up where it fits - idealy you should measure another one or maybe bend one out of a bit of thick wire to make sure you have the right size and use that as a pattern, threaded rod is no good get some EN8 rod off Eblag but you need to heat the bends cherry red to get nice bends.

Seen this topic? 

Tried a main dealer? Are you sure about the part number?

Threaded rod is normally made of chinesium, so will snap just looking at it, plus, bending it , yes it will snap because of the threading! A piece of smooth bar should do the job though, I would think?

If you are intent on putting a nut on it, then you can tap the end of the bar once bent, but to be honest, I would just drill it and go with the pin as per the diagram in that thread.

You could potentially use High Tensile Studding or even Stainless Studding - both of which have far better mechanical properties.  However, you are better off making it out of bar.  If you can bend a bit of studding, I'm sure you can drill three holes in a bit of bar and put in two roll-pins?

Si