Crossmember for v8 + Santana

Hi all

when I rebuilt my 1986 '90 I fitted a carbed 3.5 v8 mated to an ex MoD Santana box. However Ive never had the correct gearbox crossmember. I've been offered one now, however it has rubber mountings on the crossmember which I don't need, so I don't know if it's the wrong one or not (guy is also selling it with a Santana gearbox but he never had them fitted so no way to know)

does anyone have a pic of what it's supposed to look like? I've struggled to find any pics on google - the part numbers from Retroanaconda also don't yield any pictures. So I don't know if I'm buying yet another lump of scrap ?

Any help appreciated

I believe the Santana gearbox is the standard V8 LT85 one.  Assuming the crossmember is the same on the 90 as it is on the 110 then you need part number NTC1963.  That's what I used on my 1988 110 which was exactly the same as the original.

• Like 1

On a 110 V8 with Santana  the cross member does nothing with the gearbox , as the gearbox just uses brackets that

bolt to the side chassis members . The cross member is a large box shape that goes across ahead of the gearbox mountings on chassis.

• Like 1