Hi Folks I'm back...

JeffR

Been rather seriously ill for a while with viral pneumonia followed by good old fashioned bacterial pneumonia ( man have you seen the range of antibiotics they try these days Doxycycline results in weird hallucinations by the way?, more importantly have you seen how big the bloody tablets are...) so ain't been up to much with land rovers.  Mind you I have  seemed to have acquired rather a lot of VW Passats (1 pd130 estate , 1 seriously tuned PD130 Highline estate- that really goes, 1 90hp estate and quite a few Golf pd130's, don't know why, but that's life I guess.

Hope to get ate least one of the Landrovers back on the road next year, but as my lungs are kinda partially knackered, it's gonna be a slow job on me tod.  So whats been happening while I've been ill?

Ask me that again after the next round of X-rays!  Must surely glow in the dark by now.....  Have a major confession to make God it's nice driving a car that does good mpg, has heating that heats, lights that light, accelerates, and heated seats, mind you the tuned estate car is an absolute hoot (160hp) - not sure how long the traction control is going to last and the tyres for the 20inch rims DO NOT last long.

Still soon to be a New Year and hopefully better health- been ordered to take more exercise so got a part time job in a garage.

Edited by JeffR
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JeffR said:

Have a major confession to make God it's nice driving a car that does good mpg, has heating that heats, lights that light, accelerates, and heated seats, mind you the tuned estate car is an absolute hoot (160hp) 

Jeff

Hope you are on the mend.

Completely understand where you are coming from. My Disco has been in the garage since February and blew the head gasket on my Range Rover in October. had a hankering for a Mini Cooper Convertible and bought one.....Great fun to drive. Drove the Range Rover on Monday for the first time in a while and boy was it strange. The Mini is fun but totally useless for my two Weimaraners so in the process of fixing the Range Rover. Will get the Disco back once I have the Range Rover sorted and will get that fixed too given that the garage is struggling lol.

Take it easy. I had pneumonia back in 2013 I think.....it takes longer to recover from than you think. It knocked me for 6 for a good 3 or 4 months....and I was a very fit chap back then.

So, don't do too much too soon. Get well soon though.

I also know what you feel to drive a car, and one that is faster. I currently mainly drive a Kia Rio 1.0 thing with 74bhp and BOY is it slow!! It makes the wife's freelander seem really quick!

• 4 months later...

OK so it took a hell of a lot longer to recover than I thought, combination of drugs/antibiotics/steroids I ended up taking kinda upset my kidneys and threw me into a serious bout of depression.....  So nowt got done on any of the land rovers.

Then the wife decided it would be a good idea to destroy (and I mean completely and utterly destroy) the clutch on the family Passat.  Three hours to remove the baked on friction material from the flywheel and the pressure plate was a better blue colour than Holland and Holland can get on a presentation shotgun.  I suppose pushing 190bhp and 400ft lbs thro a standard clutch was asking a bit much.

So got a load of bits arriving from YRM to sort out the blue 110, should be up and running by the end of the summer with a bit of luck

I feel for you, since one year ago about the same thing happened to me. Bloody hell, those drugs they give you! It took me a couple of days to work out that the insides of my eyelids weren't supposed to have bizarre movies playing on them!