Share your LR Plan(s) for 2017

Forgot to say 'Rebuild the winch on the 200' its a 'Hobbitbuilt' X9 Custom that I'm very fond of. But being an X9 it's not the best at keeping water out. Uncle Dave used to use oil soaked loose fibre washers to reduce water input, so I have sourced some of those. I also need to swap out the 4.8 motor as it needs a re-build - I'm going to throw on a 5.6 motor for the time being..

• 4 months later...

So how is everybody getting on ? I have the gas ram bonnet kit in (plan to do a write up) and the stereo. Got the rear door stay and need to ponder that of course a flat bar of metal doesn't fit straight away what was I thinking.

• Like 1

I have to find the chops to tackle the rear end of the Vogue, then find the cash for an alloy floor and rear cross. THEN! it's time to take a 2 door to it's component parts, rebuild and the most important part... continue to not treat it like it's some rare and delicate little flower. 

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:47 PM, Cornish Rattler said:

1, Fit the later type flat roof 

2, Get a pair of glass van sides fitted

3, Fit a pair of forward facing rear seats

4, Fit the new bulkhead we bought a while back

5, And in between all this get the 2a done 

Wow a lot has changed since then, decided to sell the 90 as son's wedding is getting closer and the 2a isn't yet due to waiting for the ins going to court over the accident with the 90 ( all settled now ) and once the 90 is sold the 2a is mine so I can start restoring it for myself, anyway as we already bought the new recon'd bulkhead and smooth roof before we decided to sell the 90 we still needed to fit them and have just fitted the bulkhead and in the process of fitting the smooth roof and get it all painted ready for selling so the glass van sides and the fitting of forward facing rear seats isn't going to happen now due to it going to be sold then once its sold I can get the 2a back into the garage and start work on the it :)

Back in January I was too busy dealing with HMRC to worry about my LR .. but thats dealt with now.

So retired now and the 90 only needs driving really.

The back door needs painting again as the powder coating on the spare wheel carrier came off and made a mess of the door but I did a pre MOT earlier and its spot on.

So little to do I actually waxed and buffed it!

Wow, somehow I missed this thread.

Number one for me is finish putting the 4.2 together, and get it in the 110 which has been engineless and off the road for far too long. That'll do for now.

This year has been difficult with a significant bereavement in the family, so having the LR back on the road will provide some small sense of normality.

Done loads to the Ambulance, nothing to the 109!

Mind you some very expensive heims have arrived from Canada for the 109 so once a couple of outings in the ambulance are out of the way I'll be 100% on the 109.

Oh and: New bathroom, new bedroom, trips to Ikea... :( I've not been slacking too much, just doing the wrong jobs!

Well, one bit sorted.

The 2 x Ashlockers 3 x Winch air spools where a real mess of long wires joins, t pieces and air leaks ...

and jammed soleniods due to dirt in exhaust ports etc etc

a real done in a hurry and then added to in an even bigger hurry sort of mess

OCD sorted :rofl:

18452700_10155381767699198_270905335_o.jpg

• Like 1

I'm trying to get a week's leave in September to get back to the UK and collect the ZF and BW transmissions I bought from the two Davids, drop them and the 4.1 Dana60 gears in the 109, fire that up and run it around the compound like I try to every six months, and take my son to the Overland Show.  I won't have a chance to do any spannering for a long, long time.

2017 plans were to finish the v8 conversion get the 90 on the road make it all one colour and enjoy it

it all started well mot'd early jan sorted out some teething troubles pas not working and suspension ridiculously stiff it now handles an drives like a dream just paint to sort I thought     after a long laning trip I decided 3.5 wasn't enough and the lucas dizzy was letting me down so a 4.6 on megasquirt is on the 2017 to do list 

• Like 1

1996 300TDi CSW

Managed to do my first timing belt. Replaced all original hoses with silicone (13 in all). Mounted a 100W solar panel to roof bars and connected to a pair of batteries with a Ctek all in one controller/charger. Finally took delivery of a CFX 35 compressor fridge, just in time for an extended trip to the west of Ireland. Sleeping in the back tonight. ?

• 5 months later...

Got loads done this year, including new suspension, changing a swivel ball, converting to vented discs and changing the head but alas never got to finishing the air con or the supplimentary heating.

Still theres always next year 😉

Mo

On 5/21/2017 at 10:02 AM, mickeyw said:

Wow, somehow I missed this thread.

Number one for me is finish putting the 4.2 together, and get it in the 110 which has been engineless and off the road for far too long. That'll do for now.

This year has been difficult with a significant bereavement in the family, so having the LR back on the road will provide some small sense of normality.

The 4.2 now has an expensive 700 miles on it :lol:

Yes, I am pleased and relieved I got the engine in and the truck is usable again.

I've also welded up both front door bottoms, as they were pretty non-existent. I haven't dared remove the rear door trims yet - eek.

The truck scraped through an MOT. Two advisories for chassis rot around the a frame cross member - I think he was quite lenient there, but that's gonna be some body off repair work before the next test.

well.. I did everything on my very short list ;-)

I have started blasting the arb's as I'm going to fit them now, need to weld brackets on rear axle but otherwise its a quick job.

I'm now investigating the transfer box ratio as I'm convinced its not 1.4 : 1 despite the serial number saying it should be, so I'm stripping one of my scrap discovery in preparation.