How easy/hard is it to replace 2.5D lift pump?

DC_

Thanks guys, don't know why but I wasn't getting email notification on replies so apologies for not getting back sooner.

right then, one lift pump getting ordered... 

Now I've hit a snag, the picture below is the lift pump I have on my 1987 2.5 n/a engine. 

c1a743d3fa940609d7e74584bd53f7d7.jpg

but searching for lift pumps there seems to be different variations. Would ther be a difference due to mine being ex army?

The spacer to make sure the arm of the lift pump doesn't get damaged on the lobe of the shaft?

Does anyone have the proper part number? Or...... is it a case of anyone will do as long as the spacer etc is used?

cheers

12 hours ago, western said:

Nope, that looks like my Delphi lift pump currently sat on my 200tdi. but they will fit all pre 300tdi 4 cylinder diesels

If I'm not mistaken this is the type that you can replace the diaphragm on, and Ralph you say you've got one of these on your 200? - I thought the ports where in different positions making it awkward to hook up the fuel pipes...

As above, exactly what i was thinking about the arm length/spacers there seems to be many different sorts that will fit and I think it comes down to what suits your existing pipes.

I fitted a Delphi type one on mine (2.5na) last year, a very easy straight swap.

• 3 months later...

Right guys, only just getting round to the lift pump today..... OMG !! What a palava !!

so the lift pump that paddocks sent is the one for the 200tdi (although it says it's for different models) took off the old pump, checked the arms, putting the spacer on made the arm wayyyyy shorter. Tried to put it on without the spacer, there's a bolt on the plate that spoils it from going on. So, that means the spacer has to be fitted to get round the bolt problem. But then the arm would be short.... (that's not to mention the studs holding the pump on never came out easily so had to do the two nut trick ?)

so decided after inspecting and cleaning up the original pump to refit that and see if tightening the top 6 screws would help. If not, either a proper lift pump (if I can actually source one) or a new gasket on it. 

Got the fuel filter changed ok though ?? 

Nope that's not it, that's the one paddocks sent out with spacer etc..... 

i need the pump where the fuel lines go in and out the sides......

On 16/01/2017 at 9:21 PM, DC_ said:

Now I've hit a snag, the picture below is the lift pump I have on my 1987 2.5 n/a engine. 

c1a743d3fa940609d7e74584bd53f7d7.jpg

but searching for lift pumps there seems to be different variations. Would ther be a difference due to mine being ex army?

This is the one I need.... 

What year does your parts book start Ralph? My mates starts at 1987..... we discovered mines should be for an 86, 

johnrichards surplus have one on their site and it's the one I'm after but....... who knows what they'll send out !! 

Yes that pump looks similar, but the arm is too steep.