Audi vnt turbo on 300tdi

15 hours ago, Callum200tdi said:

I’m currently going this way as I already had a gt2052v in going with a universal waste gate controller with different spring pressure and mounting the actuator on the opposite side to push vanes open rather than pull hope this helps 

This is exactly what I did - I have a Mitsubishi Industries VNT on my 300Tdi, there's a build thread somewhere.

Edit: 

A friend made up a manifold, I moved the pressure diaphragm to the opposite side and played around with a custom boost capsule and swapped in different springs, preloads etc to get a nice proportional operation. I put quite a bit of science into it, I think the pics have disappeared but the car is here so I can look up any details.

In the end I think I used a standard 300Tdi wastegate actuator - it's effectively preloaded to 1.2bar and then opens fully by 1.4bar; that puts the turbo in the loop and it'll settle under constant boost in any given position according to the massflow. So long as the vanes aren't adjusted too "closed" on the endstop it'll go fine, just listen for early surge when you're being aggressive with settings and throttle.

• 1 year later...
On 3/14/2021 at 5:23 PM, Daan said:

Very interested to see the results.

Never ended up completing this route got it mounted, set up but the vains was shot on the cheap second had turbo 😫. I’ve gone the route of putting a 300tdi turbo on and I’ve adjusted the waste gate for more boots, was quite and easy bolt on swap except making the 90’ from pie cuts to make it miss the original engine mount. Definitely recommend this instead night and day difference in throttle response 👍