Part number help - 300tdi crank seal

Eightpot

Just when you think you're making good time..

Bit of a head scratcher here - fitting a new 300tdi front crankshaft inner seal (not dust cover seal)

Parts catalogue has this as FRC4575 - can't find an alternative part number anywhere.  This part is 4mm wider diameter than the seal that came out though.

Checked against a spare engine and this also has a smaller seal. 

Checked two other FRC4575 in case they put the wrong seal in the order,  none will fit - wasnt aware there were two seal sizes?? 

Sorry, meant ERR4575.  

Well this has got me stumped - the hole for the seal and the seal I fished out are far smaller than the 4575 seal I got with the timing kit or the two others (cortico and genuine) I had on the shelf.  internal diameter for crank the same but there's no way an ERR4575 will fit in the hole.

:huh:

This ERR4575 is approx 75mm outside diameter & should correct as listed for all 300Tdi engines 

http://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php/84975/0/crankshaft_oil_seal_300tdi_front___discovery_1___defender___range_rover_classic

200Tdi oil seal is a different part number & slightly smaller outside diameter, maybe you have a Discovery 200tdi engine & not a 300tdi. that would be the only explanation I can think of. http://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php/447665/0/timing_cover_oil_seal_2_25_2_5_v8_series_111___defender___discovery_1___2___range_rover_classic___p3

Ok sorted it , thanks for looking. 

The wrong seal had been put in with the timing belt kit, and coincidentally the very same seal type had found its way into the wrong box in my store x 2!.. could be a signal from the universe telling me to put my numbers on this weekend. 

Correct seal now fitted

• Like 1