What plug do I need for this?

Maverik

Are there any variations at all, as I see the socket has x2 locator tabs on it whereas all the plugs I've seen only have the x1 slot...

I know I can shave off the lumps but I'd rather not.... with 10 sockets that's a lot of shaving...

If you look at the picture above, the bottom of the housing has a semi-circular cutout in it.

This makes it fit male housings with all keyway variations.

Edited 1 minute ago by PaulMc

Sorry to question this but the connector has a clear single groove and fitting it your way round would put the release spring on the inside hard against the body of the item in the photo, not only would this make it really difficult if not impossible to remove but also would reverse the connectors?

35 minutes ago, missingsid said:

Sorry to question this but the connector has a clear single groove and fitting it your way round would put the release spring on the inside hard against the body of the item in the photo, not only would this make it really difficult if not impossible to remove but also would reverse the connectors?

11 minutes ago, Scotts90 said:

You been acquiring VAG parts?? Pretty sure you need a Packard connector...these have the 2 top and side guides.

http://www.polevolt.co.uk/acatalog/info_10802.html

You're correct :blush:

I've looked more closely at Maverick 's picture, and now can see that it's a NAS lamp.

This type do use the Packard Timer connector, which looks a lot like a JPT connector, but isn't interchangeable with them.

As well as being available from Polevolt, they're also listed a bit cheaper by Simtek -

https://www.simtekuk.co.uk/product.php/packard_lighting_connector_2_way/?k=:::237165

https://www.simtekuk.co.uk/product.php/packard_lighting_connector_3_way/?k=:::237162

Edited by PaulMc
Typo.

God I love this forum. Thanks guys, greatly appreciate your efforts.

Now its a curious story, I bought a Genuine LR replacement NAS amber indicator lens from someone off fleebay, from the front it looked like the standard prismatic type lens, when I actually received it, it had the fitting as above... anywhoo months down the line, I pick up a set of NAS "upgrade" lamps from Bearmach, nice looking things Perei made much more robust feel than the Wipec equivalent and funnily enough they have the same fitting as above.

Now I might have missed something down the line, but those plugs are actually listed as NAS plugs, but everything you usually see branded NAS have the rubbish black durite plugs which always corrode on one contact... and leak...

Are the above connectors the genuine NAS connector as seen in North America?

The quality of the bulb holder and its fitment into the lens is way better than the "other" type of NAS fitting, its an O ring fitting rather then a spongy semi positive gasket melark.

I'm going to trial fit the side markers and see how I get on with them, get a bit sick of corroded contacts and bad bulb contacts due to moisture leaking into the lens bodies, I reckon these could actually work quit well.