OT - Stove Top Fans

David Sparkes

OT I know, but I have the impression there are more than one or two here use ‘wood’ burning stoves, the style with a flat top, and therefore might have experience of these stove fans, used to assist the circulation throughout the room of the heated air.

What I’m after is a profile drawing of the fan blade please.

By ‘profile drawing’ I envisage a reasonably robust piece of paper (envelope perhaps) held snugly to the inner curved face of the blade, the outline of the blade then being drawn onto the paper. When flattened out, and cut to the line, the profile can be easily transferred onto a flat piece of aluminium, tinplate, whatever.

The curved profile will then have to be formed by hand, with reference to any pictures found online for the particular blade.
I could do the complete operation ‘by eye’, referring to such pictures, but thought to take out one step of uncertainty, with your help.
:)

My ‘minds eye’ concept is based around the two bladed fan used by the apparent market leader, the Ecofan (http://www.ecofan.co.uk/gas-stove-ecofans.html ).
But just because they appear to sell more than other makers of stove top fans, there is no guarantee their fan design is always the best, so I'm open to other offerings!
I have checked, they will sell replacement motors, but not fan blade assemblies.

I am seeking to make a fan that operates at a lower minimum temperature than the 75C mentioned in the linked page.
I envisage using more than the two Peltier / Seebeck units that the Ecofan Gas stove unit uses, also that I will have to design and create my own support structure / heat sink assemblies.

Thankyou.