Newbie Megasquirt build - help needed please

Mattsuffolk

Hi all,

First time post so please go easy!

I have recently purchased a full kit from Nige to 'squirt my '88 RRC, to rid it of the dreaded flapper system.

I opted for an unbuilt ECU kit and have been building it over the last couple of weeks, I am now testing with a Jim Stim but from what I can make out I don't have any ignition output (none of the group of IGN LEDs flash on the Stim, where as the injector ones do)

I have assembled the ECU exactly as a built one would come from Nige (he very kindly supplied detailed pics for me to follow) so I have incorporated the various modifications needed for this type of application and have managed to work out that the ignition output is part of that modification, using the resistor on the proto area, linked to the LED nearest the 9 pin socket etc.

The odd thing is that LED is always lit, which I think should be flashing in time with the ignition signal?

Does anyone have any ideas of what I should be testing/checking for? I can put some pics up later of my board if it will help diagnosis (in case I've missed something silly!)

It's also possible that this may just be a set up issue on my part, either on the Stim or in the software (I have loaded up the correct firmware and an MSQ from Nige though)

Any input gratefully received, if I've missed any critical information I apologies, I'm a bit new to all this still!

On a more positive note, I made a start with the hardware install last night, managed to get the exhaust collector off ready for fitting of the lambda sensor over the weekend :)

Matt