OT: FFS I have heard it all now

BogMonster

To right :) . I don't disagree with xmas itself just the bo***x that goes with it. We get it rammed down our throats at every opportunity. Go to any shopping complex/workplace at the end of Nov and it's there in your face. I could take it at the mid of December but Nov NO!!!!!!!!

I'm no humbug (well maybe when it comes to this). It's all a big marketing exercise.

Christmas cards, Bloody christmas cards Don't get me started.

Bah Humbug. I'm off to Bearmach to get my new bulkhead :)

Hat not on and not running!

Round here they had trouble deciding what to do at halloween 'cos they started hyping that about August, then by the time it was nearly here they had nowhere to put all the christmas carp! :blink:

I think easter eggs will appear just after the January sales at this rate, unless there's another thing in between...

F ...ing people - Everybody is worried about offending some frigging religious freaks because they dont like the believes and customs that have been here for hundreds of years

WHO cares about offending my faith and believes? OPS - sorry I forgot - I am white, middle aged, working class, not on benefits, paying taxes blah blah blah

nobody gives a Flying f***, and when you say something that is not politically correct you become rasist etc, etc

F ...ing people - Everybody is worried about offending some frigging religious freaks because they dont like the believes and customs that have been here for hundreds of years

WHO cares about offending my faith and believes? OPS - sorry I forgot - I am white, middle aged, working class, not on benefits, paying taxes blah blah blah

nobody gives a Flying f***, and when you say something that is not politically correct you become rasist etc, etc

:rolleyes: Our local senior school had a headmistress than banned christmas because of her religion. She was rather quikly booted out due to that and one or two other odd goings on. I dont mind the festive bit if only to give me two days off work!!. :D

We just had our corporate christmas lunch... All the Indian people over here for training were taking photo's of each other on their phones, silly hats on their heads....

Didn't see them offended in any way !

I also thought that people coming to the UK to live had to abide by our laws and understand we have customs and religion that may differ to theirs !

So why are we tippee toeing around the minority. I bet they will celebrate whatever they need to without concern for our feelings !

We just had our corporate christmas lunch... All the Indian people over here for training were taking photo's of each other on their phones, silly hats on their heads....

That's the funny thing. Many people from other cultures don't mind.

It's all the flipping do gooders that are the problem !!! They don't want to upset anyone.

That's the funny thing. Many people from other cultures don't mind.

It's all the flipping do gooders that are the problem !!! They don't want to upset anyone.

Yep you are right actually - its the do gooders that decide whether or not minorities ought to be offended - whether or not they actually ARE doesn't matter :rolleyes:

whats valentines day? :D

as for xmas, i cant stand it myself BUT i dont see why this country should change for people moving in. would you go to india (for example) & expect them not to celebrate dwalhi? (spelling?) or something else

A couple of years ago Sandbag was working for a large insurance company on Brighton. The whole of the IT department went out for a Christmas lunch - but had to wait until after sunset so that the Muslim members of the team could come out and eat too as it was during Ramadan.

Not sure if that is a positive or a negative comment really, you decide. :)

Chris

Graham, try to be a bit more tasteful next year please? The last one in a flourescent pink envelope and reeking of cheap perfume was far too much, also the underwear wasn't my size - things got restricted!! :(

Les. :ph34r:

S'OK Les - I got some fresh Swarfega and some of Dawn French's knickers off eBay for you this year! :wub:

I think easter eggs will appear just after the January sales at this rate, unless there's another thing in between...

My beloveds's birthday.... Jan 7. Why on earth she doesn't subscribe to the "ill get you a joint xmas and birthday present thing", I just don't know