I know it's crass to talk money, but have I valued this right?!?

Put this up for auction on eBay and it only got 2600, which I couldn't take for it.

Is my head up my backside with the 4 grand price? Maybe I'm out of touch? 

The listing is pretty accurate, no surprises outside of what's mentioned.

If you have a minute and nothing better to do, peruse the ad, value the 110 and let me know what you think. I'd appreciate the feedback.   :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/292038472379

Edited by ronnie_rotten

I think your too honest.

I like the style of ad it's how I like to buy but it doesn't sell IMHO.

I think it's worth 3k all day long 4 maybe to the right buyer.

I think it would be worth putting a test on.

Will

I reckon the registration process is putting people off (even though its a piece of cake to do) - I reckon you should invest the time to test it and get it back on UK plates and you would easily recoup the effort. I also think making a bit more effort getting the photos exposed properly would help.

HTH

@I opted for the 'overly honest' approach because I'm sick to death of viewing motors described as perfect only to find out they're sh!tters. I also wouldn't mind not showing it to a hundred people who are expecting something perfect for small money!

And yes,  I have to agree, testing and registering it again would be the key to selling it easily. I can see exactly why that would put people off. I'm not going to have chance to do anything to it until April really, but then I'll get stuck into it if it hasn't sold. I recon the price might creep up a bit then too.

The pictures are a bit cack, cheap camera phone and it shows I guess!

Thanks for the replies.   :)

9 hours ago, ukspike said:

Personally i would'nt pay half of what your asking for it. search the web and you'll see what I mean.

Based on prices I've seen I recon tested tidied and registered it'd be worth 6-7k. There are some insane valuations out there which I've tried to ignore, but the average price of a 2002 110 on eBay (excluding 'csw' in the search term) is £4600 at auction and £9000 as a buy it now. 

1 hour ago, ronnie_rotten said:

And yes,  I have to agree, testing and registering it again would be the key to selling it easily. I can see exactly why that would put people off. I'm not going to have chance to do anything to it until April really, but then I'll get stuck into it if it hasn't sold. I recon the price might creep up a bit then too.

And that would be correct, with test and sorted it would be worth a bit more.

I seem to find people want a ticket so they get twelve months to use it and sort anything else out.

GL

People are lazy nowadays and don't want to get off their ar5es and do anything, like chicks waiting to be fed..............

Any chance of any hassle and they don't want to know. So, get a UK reg sorted and a UK Mot and I think it will sell at that to the right person no problem.

No problem with the ad as far as I am concerned, but for some maybe too much negative ? After all, no one should expect a 15 year old vehicle to be perfect (some do, of course)

Very few of these high priced vehicles will sell privately. You have to be a dealer, have proper premises, and offer warranties to get those sort of prices.

I was going to suggest this too. What people value their vehicles at and try to sell them for isn't the same as what folks are prepared to pay.

50 minutes ago, steve b said:

If you scroll down the preselects on the left of Ebay at the bottom you can select only sold items - that may give a clearer guide to value , and UK reg/mot will make it much more attractive .

cheers

Steve b

Yep. It's no doubt worth the effort to get it sorted and registered.

I recon a good couple of days tinkering will sort out all the little bits, maybe spend a few quid on new door bolts to make rehanging them less miserable.

I know a guy who will sort out any welding, and then I guess it's a case of whether to have it painted or not.

If I wasn't embroiled in building a camper van which has to be done by April I could probably get down to it and have it all sorted before the classified ad expires!

Gotta get it registered then I guess. I kinda knew that all along, really.

I got an offer on it earlier. £2345, which I politely declined.   :D

1 hour ago, Retroanaconda said:

The rear chassis leg photo looks like it's pretty rotten right above the anti roll bar mount?

That and the rear cross member would put me off a bit.  The leaking fuel regulator is less of an issue, but since you already have the part, it's worth fitting; then you have one less fault to report and scare off non-techsavvy buyers.  Worth trying to free up the wipers, too.

The chassis leg is probably my biggest concern about the vehicle too. If I were looking to buy then rot is the first thing that turns me off a motor. 

Luckily I know a guy who is plenty capable of putting it right and giving the chassis a once over at the same time.

I'm pretty resigned to it not selling for what I need to get for it without me doing the bits I don't currently have time for. Oh well, it's waited this long, another couple of weeks won't hurt!

• Like 1