Range rover classic swivel housings

SteveG

Are there any differences in the various range rover classic swivel housings that have the imperial caliper fixings, or are they interchangeable?

There appears to be three types. 70-85, and 86 on with ABS or non ABS.

1505392D-2C53-4016-9646-83819B996C12_zps

Thanks in advance.

Steve

The reason I ask is that I had planned to use the above housing, along with it's pair to convert my LHD range rover classic to RHD. These housings are off a 91 range rover classic with ABS and I'm fitting them to my 89 non ABS 2 door.

I spent over a day sand blasting the really rusty housing and then painting it. I left it complete with the ball and stub axle so I didn't get any crud inside while I blasted it, and to make it easier to paint too. However, in hindsight, I should have stripped it down first, as when I took the stub axle off, I noticed that someone had obviously stripped two of the bolt holes at some point and had then used thread insert to fix it. They'd obviously done this in situ without stripping down the housing, as they hadn't trimmed the insert on the other side and one of them was all knarled from coming into contact with either the CV joint or ball.

I can and have already trimmed them down, but personally, I'm not that keen on using the housing with the inserts. So a complete waste of time of blasting and painting, but never mind.

Anyway, I took the punt and bought a NOS LHS housing that lrseries were selling for a reasonable £55 + shipping. Here they are side by side...

22C6C04D-1A05-4D29-A25B-E772CE3AD1DE_zps

85C8C7D2-D82E-4331-9E3B-73E0FE219AA7_zps

C0C4EFF8-9848-4041-ADD0-88FDD1E19BCD_zps

AC243FE1-2042-47CB-A031-6E27E17C648A_zps

The dimensions of the main housings appear to be identical. As expected the upper and lower pins are different, however a difference I didn't expect is that the drag link arm hole centre is about 5mm further out on the earlier version. Is there a reason/issue with this? 

I'm assuming that once it's all set up correctly and toe is correctly set that this difference would not make a difference, however, someone with more experience may know correctly.  What are people's thoughts on this??

Not a problem, I'll just source a refurbed Later non ABS LHS housing for RHD if I need to.

Thanks

Steve