Buzzweld CIO spray cans

SteveG

Impressed by the paint, so no complaints there, but not impressed by it when it's bought in spray cans. As well as a 2.5l can I also bought a few spray cans of the RCP primer and the Chassis in one, CIO, paint to do the various brackets etc. that need doing at stages through the rebuild. 

The RCP cans have all been good and work well, but so far I'm not getting a good success rate on the CIO cans. One can has worked perfectly, used for touching up the welding on the rear arches, but two of the cans are no good. Every time they just instantly clog the fan spray heads. Change the head, or try a normal spray cap head and again they instantly clog. The only way I can use them is to remove the fan spray head from the spray cap and use it with the straight through hole opening. Just about useable for larger objects like a swivel housing, but no good for small brackets etc. as the flow rate is too high.

CFA79489-2BF6-4657-BCCA-8A3C618DA0B8_zps

It's not a temp issue, as they are stored at house temps, and the ambient temp when spraying is about 10o C higher now than when I used the one can that did work. It's not a gassing issue, as they will spray fine with the open spray cap, just too much flow obviously. Not a mixing issue, as cans are shaken for longer than instructed and the can that did work, was used multiple times with gaps in between. So the only thing I can assume is that they haven't been thinned correctly with the right amount of thinners to operate ok through a fan or normal head of a spray cap.

Not a good success rate with 1/3 cans actually useable. I'll have to resort to using my spray gun, mixing up paint and cleaning out heads etc. every time I need a few brackets done. I'll use up the two faulty cans with an open cap on some larger objects, so fortunately £30 isn't wasted. 

I tried contacting buzzweld through website form and via direct email, with no response. There is no tel no. or address. 

Cheers, Steve