LR jumped the arrogance shark

A Twig

6 hours ago, honitonhobbit said:

I think it's the individual. I'm a shrinking 6' and now a svelte 13stone. When I was working for LRE I was about 15 stone. I loved the Freebieone. Found it really nice to drive as it fitted me. I find certain vehicles are just plain uncomfortable. I fit in the front of the Evogue nicely and the DiscoSport. The D5 makes me squirm after about 5 miles. Yet I can sleep sitting upright in a Defender...  Vauxhall tend to cause me back ache (apologies for the O/T mention of a non Land Rover/Non 4x4 manufacturer...

Funny you should say that .... I get quite a few hire cars through work, and the Vauxhall's always put my back out? Even the ones with adjustable lumbar support seem to adjust the wrong spot.

• Like 1

In total agreement with a lot of the previous posts, the radio advert for the new discovery talks about all the wonderful tech gizmos to connect you to Bluetooth etc, but makes no mention of off road capability at all

By the way, it's also the most staggeringly ugly car ever produced, I followed one down the M42 today and couldn't get over how mind blowingly horrible it looks from behind

From the same company that produces the F Type Jag, which is, I think, the best looking new car on the market

I also believe that Special Vehicles are moving to a new site FWIW

• Like 1

I followed a D5 for a while on the M5 yesterday - first time I'd seen the back end of one. On the plus side it doesn't look exactly the same as all the other models. On the minus side, that's only because it's incredibly ill proportioned and an incoherent mess - it has rather more of the look of a far eastern budget brand (although some of those have upped their game well beyond this level now) than a premium product.

And I say that as someone who actually likes the current Land Rover "look" - just wishes they had more than one idea.

• Like 2

Just gotta look at these!

https://www.mini.co.uk/en_GB/home/range/new-mini-countryman.html

https://www.mini.co.uk/en_GB/home/range/mini-3-door-hatch.html

I love the word James May used once to describe a certain car, it was 'gopping', and applies here.

Sorry Ross, but if you will drive a girly car what do you expect ;)

Saw a D5 today for the first time and was struck by how deep the doors are and how silly the back end looks, if the front end had not been badged "Discovery" I would have struggled to put a name to it. I only noticed it because it was coloured.

I realised yesterday how very few coloured cars there are. I was walking a long a street and spotted 8 black cars parked in a row. Having nothing better to do I walked back to the start of the street and counted all the cars on the street. 132 were either black, white or a shade of grey, 31 were coloured and of those the majority were red. Pretty much all of them were insipid, unadventurous designs and looked drab. The coloured cars tended to be older as well.

On 01/04/2017 at 8:03 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

I'm 5'9 and never had an issue with my FL1's, until the last one got so used that the headlining sagged just like a "real" Land Rover!

You people know that seats can be adjusted, right? And not just forwards and back like a Defender, but up & down and stuff...

OH had a Fiesta on hire for work, didn't fit in that, had to duck to see out of the windscreen so it's not just LR ruining everything :rolleyes:

I am 5'8" but sitting down I am taller than my friend who is 6' 6", I struggle to fit in any sporty cars and certianly not proper sports cars like TVR, Noble etc.

5 hours ago, neil110 said:

Saw a D5 today for the first time and was struck by how deep the doors are and how silly the back end looks, if the front end had not been badged "Discovery" I would have struggled to put a name to it. I only noticed it because it was coloured.

I realised yesterday how very few coloured cars there are. I was walking a long a street and spotted 8 black cars parked in a row. Having nothing better to do I walked back to the start of the street and counted all the cars on the street. 132 were either black, white or a shade of grey, 31 were coloured and of those the majority were red. Pretty much all of them were insipid, unadventurous designs and looked drab. The coloured cars tended to be older as well.

I'm not a buyer of new cars but I believe that almost all colours are now extra cost selections. 

14 hours ago, Peaklander said:

I'm not a buyer of new cars but I believe that almost all colours are now extra cost selections. 

When I ordered my Amarok white was free, grey, brown, beige, silver and blue were extra as they were metallic and pearlescent black was even more. I wouldn't mind but none of them are particularly nice colours :wacko: 

16 hours ago, reb78 said:

I keep seeing the current Kia SUV offerings on the road and I really think they're better looking than most of the current LR lineup!!

The fact that they spend most of their lives on the road, not the ramp, makes them look good for a start.  Imagine LR offering a seven year warranty!

• Like 1

Had a look at a Seat Acetate (or something similar to that) this morning. Metallic White - threw me for a bit. But really well put together; lots of engine choices. Good ground clearance AND a round button thing for terrain types. 4 motion drive train as well. Fully loaded for 24k

On 4/26/2017 at 7:28 PM, Peaklander said:

Last time I bought a new car, the only non cost option was a peculiar shade of yellow. Any other colour was an additional 500 pounds, this on a car that only cost 6000. I told them I didn't want the yellow and flat out refused to pay for an alternative colour. Basically told them I wouldn't pay extra for the car to be painted and they could send it in bare metal for all I cared. Eventually got a purplish coloured car that was a cancelled order.