Shackleton

New Series - RR Heavy

Not that I'm jealous but here's Filip's motor outside Brooklands hangar:

2019-01-01_17-04-17a.jpg

Here's ours - didn't polish it for the concours d'elegance:

2019-01-01_16-58-07.jpg

• Like 3

Jaypers they're a couple of beauts! 

Never saw a JPS can like that before. The little JPS cigarette box though, there's one of those in my grandmother's apartment in Greece, has pins or something in it. A relic of my grandfather.

Yes, explained a bit more about what you about, I liked it :)

• Like 1

Thanks men, just thought something a bit more share friendly might do the channel some good and set a tone.

In other news, guess what I'm back fostering cut hands with...

• Like 2

Great, will watch this evening when free :)

• Like 1

One thing that occurred to me is that you rarely show the tools you've been using or how you've been using them - might be worth a 5 second cutaway from all the stop-motion once in a while, artistic though it is ;)

Enjoyed that, thanks George. Brave man to go back and do it right for a second time, let alone show it on camera - but we all do it, that, I am very sure of. :)

• Like 1

Good stuff, .......... and you aren't the only one who struggles for motivation sometimes:wacko: (must update my thread tomorrow!)

1 hour ago, Bowie69 said:

Enjoyed that, thanks George. Brave man to go back and do it right for a second time, let alone show it on camera - but we all do it, that, I am very sure of. :)

Absolutely - and it's to George's credit as so many shows and even other YT channels just show the flawless edited highlights, which is boring and really doesn't help the motivation. I'd rather see someone admit to it, and have the nerve to say "no, let's do it right, cut it out and start again".

• Like 3

14 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

One thing that occurred to me...

You prob noticed I've been trying to be better at that in the last few episodes. It's a case now of remembering to get the cutaway shots at the end of the day. 

13 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

...Brave man to go back and do it right for a second time...

Our cars fella, that's what I keep telling myself. Why wouldn't we all do things as best we could. It's the whole reason I stopped bringing mine to mechanics. That sense of "I don't know as much as you but I know I give more of a f^5k about it". When I was still gainfully employed one of the things we used to tell people was "you can say you don't know something, or you can prove it." Nothing worse than watching someone on YT make out like they know what they're talking about whilst not being aware their actions prove they don't.

13 hours ago, Blanco said:

....... and you aren't the only one who struggles for motivation sometimes:wacko: 

It's the curse! I look at your shed with longing eyes.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Shackleton said:

It's the curse! I look at your shed with longing eyes.

I have just been out to the shed,.... wet night.... and (at least in part) due to motivation the window frames are'nt in yet so the bench and all is soaked again.