Shackleton

New Series - RR Heavy

I can finally see the end with the Vogue! And btw it's a flipping gorgeous machine :wub:

Great end shot (and result) - worthy of your patience, endurance, idiocy? and fast-acquired skills ! Good luck with the w123 vacuum

Seriously well done George, it is great to see it come back to life!

Its first duty as off-road tractor is great fun, but it begs the question will it be going on the road? Is it old enough to qualify for 'Vintage'?

That's awesome, and what a final shot!

Reckon you've hit the sweet spot with the guy doing the windscreen, just enough to show how it's done without labouring the point - although when he was talking about H-seals and S-seals I was kinda hoping for a 5 second sketch on the back of an envelope... a picture being worth 1000 words and all that ;)

Agree ⬆️ on the final shot - fantastic 😊 and great to see you looking so happy to have the end in sight.

Posted (edited)

Thanks a mill lads, pretty happy with this one and really motivating to see all the progression in the footage. The completely ripped apart rear end felt like a suppressed memory ;)

FF I actually cut a short section out of the old rubber to show a H, and was hoping Anthony would bring an S section with him and when that didn't happen I was going to show an on screen diagram. There's always something that gets left out in the rush to release an episode and unfortunately that was it in this one. Plus some key bits of the Vogue montage, but hey... there'll always be time for directors cuts when I'm rich and retired :D

Top and bottom rows are S rubber and the second row are all H's. Basically the S places the glass outside the car body aperture/frame, while the H places the screen in the aperture. The notch in the H at 6 o'clock is for the locking trim.

Windscreen Rubber Types.jpg

@Blanco  It'll be classic for tax in '21 and I'll put it on the road hopefully before the end of the month so I have it for the summer. Want to get a test for it this coming week, early next week at the latest.

Edited by Shackleton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shackleton said:

there'll always be time for directors cuts when I'm rich and retired :D

I reckon when you get a vehicle finished you should do a "director's cut" video which is just the solid stop-motion of the whole resto, start to finish. What with all that spare time you have and all ;)

• Like 1

George, just watched your latest, bloomin well done man, great job on that, and the recap footage shows not just how far the car has come, but how you've developed as well. Sterling stuff.

Someone got a drone :)

Def a full cut of all the work, that's always been on the cards. Just those last few jobs to do. Still raging I never took any footage of the car before really, I was just too eager to get into it.

Thanks Peter, as I was doing the windscreen frame repairs I all of a sudden stood back and realised I was doing stuff I'd never have guessed I'd be doing. I mean skills wise rather than the surprise of the rust ;) No drone, much as I'd like one I asked a pal [and LR guy] would he come over and give it a go!

Very nice episode, good to see it running :D

• Like 1

Well George... It's official.. You have a lawn mower... Great to see it running so sweet.....

Hopefully next week it'll be a road legal lawn mower :ph34r:

What I've found is the D2 is actually a better mower tow-er. The dulled throttle in low range makes all the difference. 1250rpm, A/C and some tunes... it's lovely. Having said that I may have adjusted the throttle linkage on the Vogue a little tight, but it's a bit decadent to be mowing a few acres with a V8. If I can figure out how to build a little box to trick the D2's cruise into working under 30mph it'll be perfect.

• Like 1