LT230T Backlash

Gents,

I removed my LT230T and took off the propshafts.  On the bench I am testing it to see if I need to rebuild it or not.  The problem I'm concerned about is that when I engage the diff lock, there is significant backlash/rotational play between the front and rear output drive shaft flanges in both high and low gears.  When I hold one of them and rotate the other with diff lock engaged there is about 45 degrees of slack/backlash before the gears engage and the opposite drive flange moves.  Is this normal?  I'm wondering if I need to have a look at the LT230 diff pegs or something. Anybody experience this before and could point me in the right direction?

Of note, just in case you are going to ask, the output gear shaft from the gearbox and the input drive in the LT230T are in great shape (and it's not even the cross-drilled input gear) so that is not part of the problem.

Many thanks!