LT77 Problem

I have just fitted a recon LT77 box to my 90 which has a 300TDi in it. Done the clutch at the same time and had everything replaced while it was out. The problem I am having is that I'm struggling to get it into 1st, very occasionally it will just drop in however most of the time it seems that I need to hold the gearstick as much as I can in 1st gear position and then lift the clutch pedal slowly and as the clutch engages it drops into first. All the gears feel really tight and you have todo every gear change with meaning however 1st is putting up a massive fight. 

My theory and I don't understand how clutches and gear boxes work exactly so please tell me if I am wrong but 1st won't engage because something isn't lined up inside, when I lift the clutch pedal and the clutch engages it moves everything inside the gear box slightly and it all lines up and I can get into first. Is this expected in a re-con box? I don't want to bug the company anymore before I have ruled out all the mistakes I could have made. 

Cheers

My recon lt77 is doing this too and leaking. I'm p*ssed off with it to he honest. It's going back for the second time for the leak next week. For the difficulty getting into 1st I was told to let it 'wear in'. 

Where does it stop? I used a well recognised, recommended company because I wanted a working leak free box. I'm going to learn to do it myself next time. 

Yep. I did all that too, but no joy for loads of hassle (my 110 has the wright off road matting which all needs to come out before the tunnel can be removed!).

My 1st gear selection is worse when it's hot. 

:huh: OMG

I have a box here in N.I. jumping out of reverse had considered having it repaired, or perhaps not.

I wonder could I get a government grant to set up an LT77 recon outfit.

It wouln't take as much as some other business incentives aided by "government" here in N.I. :blush: