Rattler's Bulkhead swap

Hi guys

As you may know we have decided to sell our 90 and keep the S2a that we are in the middle of restoring but we have a few bits to replace on the 90 that we bought before we decided on selling the 90 which is to replace the ribbed roof for a smooth roof and replace the rotten bulkhead with a recon'd bulkhead, so here are some pic's of the 90 with the roof, door's and screen off

2011-06-08 01.54.45.jpg

2011-06-08 01.54.55.jpg

2011-06-08 01.55.18.jpg

2011-06-08 01.55.26.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah it was a struggle ended up getting the engine hoist out and lifting it out as originally when we did the chassis swap and didn't notice how bad the bulkhead was the bulkhead was easier to remove and refit but with the wings still in place and seats and stuff in place it was a struggle so once the replacement bulkhead is painted today we will fit the new bulkhead loose to allow some movement whilst swapping everything over :)

Looking good, I'm in the process of replacing mine on the 110 after refitting the chassis so I took the front wings off used the engine hoist to remove it but lifted it back in place over the engine without anything on it. So presently bolting everything back on and trying to remember which plug and socket goes together.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:20 PM, ballcock said:

Looking good, I'm in the process of replacing mine on the 110 after refitting the chassis so I took the front wings off used the engine hoist to remove it but lifted it back in place over the engine without anything on it. So presently bolting everything back on and trying to remember which plug and socket goes together.

Yeah that's our plan just hope if we leave the bulkhead loose there will be enough movement in it to fit stuff back on ( engine bay side ) then bolt it up and start fitting the dash and stuff later.

Managed to strip the bulkhead today just got to cut the chassis to bulkhead bracket bolts off on Monday then fit the new bulkhead and start swapping stuff over, not had chance to post pics yet as everything is hidden behind the newly painted roof so once the new bulkhead is fitted and the old bulkhead dragged outside I can then move stuff round in the garage to get to the painted stuff

Fitted the new bulkhead today inc fitting the pedal boxes, brake and clutch master cylinder's, just need to drill a couple of holes in the passanger footwell ( blank ) for the heater box, N/S bulkhead support bracket and clutch flexi pipe to make a bracket for it, but I will do them as I fit them, will post pic's tomorrow

Edited by Cornish Rattler

This seems to be the way with almost anything Defender at present, I swapped my 110 roof recently and left the old one leant up in the yard (I was going to move it honest), the predictable happened and it fell over and smashed the sunroof. I thought that it must be scrap but her indoors stuck it on facebook and sold it in minutes.

Been off for 4 days and today is the only day I have had to do anything on the 90 as I have been resting a sore eye for the last few days think I may have got something in it either from work or from working in the garage but it seems ok now so today as we fitted the bulkhead last week we only fitted it in loosely so we could fit stuff back in easier in the engine bay so today I fastened the bulkhead in properly so next weekend we can start fitting the wiring and dash back in :)