Mazda SL35Ti into lhd RRC, which ps pump to use? electric?

Hello, first of all, sorry for my bad English, I'm from Holland. I'm rebuilding a nice RRC (lhd) and want to use a Mazda SL35Ti engine, but in a left hand drive the steering box is on the left side and there is no place because of the steering pump of the Mazda engine. I have removed the steering pump and now I can fit the lhd 4 bolt steering box. Now I was thinking of fitting a electric/hydraulic steering pump from a Citroën Saxo/Peugeot 106. What do you guys think of that? I can place the pump were I want. The original bracket of the Mazda ps pump does not fit on the right side of the engine.  Who can give me a good advice?

Many regards, Bart van Dessel 

Edited by laro4x4

Many rally cars use it, it should work ok. But fan driven is easier. I am not sure how the controls are meant to be wired up. It is an on/off system, so the electric pump switches when required. If it is a standalone black box type thing, it will be easy, if not it could get complicated.

Daan

Goede Avond,

What is it you'd like to know more about LHD RRC's please ?

Had several Mazda 's and one for too many miles in a LHD SoftDash.

The easy solution is to fit a RHD powersteeringbox on the outside on the left hand side and extend the steering arm. It is quite possible to fit a LR power steering pump to the Mazda.

For the brakes, if not ABS - use a Ford Mondeo alternator with an vacuum pump on the back.

What engine do you have ?

What box are you using ?

Veel Plezier !

Edited by Arjan

Hello/Hallo Arjan, 

We did have contact in the past, (email 27-3-16) I have the SL35Ti engine, it has already a alternator with vacuumpump, but I have removed the power steering pump because I had to make space for the lhd steering box. I did no know that I could use the rhd box and place it on the outside, is there enough room at the RRC? I have a LHD and a RHD box and have already a Citroën Saxo electric/hydraulic pump. I'm not a good welder for making a new bracket.

Cheers, Bart van Dessel

Edited by laro4x4