What's your Land Rover plans for this Easter weekend

Have pulled the wiper spindles and the worm drive and got the replacements ordered yesterday. The one behind the driver's side is a bit of a pain as the binnacle etc all has to come out.

Started to pull all my under bonnet hoses to replace with a full set of silicone (in black?) and also going to do my first ever timing belt ?  

36 minutes ago, Peaklander said:

Have pulled the wiper spindles and the worm drive and got the replacements ordered yesterday. The one behind the driver's side is a bit of a pain as the binnacle etc all has to come out.

Started to pull all my under bonnet hoses to replace with a full set of silicone (in black?) and also going to do my first ever timing belt ?  

Yeah we have ordered a pair of them to fit the new bulkhead so will fit them before we fit the dash

Replaced the nearside swivel seal on the 110 this morning using the 'quick' cut and reseal method to avoid removing everything. Blasted thing is leaking worse than ever now. Everywhere is shut so cant get the bits to replace/rebuild the swivel now!

Was going to get the new chassis cleaned up and painted, but the paint didnt arrive so was that plan scuppered.

Instead I think I will get some shelving put up in the workshop and have a bloody good tidy up. Got the air compressor up and running this morning though which was exciting - shame I can't use it yet!

Then I might see about stripping down and cleaning up an axle.

2 hours ago, reb78 said:

Replaced the nearside swivel seal on the 110 this morning using the 'quick' cut and reseal method to avoid removing everything. Blasted thing is leaking worse than ever now. Everywhere is shut so cant get the bits to replace/rebuild the swivel now!

I have a seal here Rich if you have urgent need.

Mo

My easter weekend is the last 4 days as I'm back on shift tomorrow. 

I swapped out my early 90 front brakes for shiny new vented discs and new later calipers with the bigger pistons. Whilst in there I cleaned out the hubs, regreased the bearings and fitted new hub seals so should all be good for another 2 weeks ?

Now on with refurbishing Uncle's old cubby box.

Mo

I'm hoping to get the front end on my 110 back together, refit the brake master cylinder and bleed the brakes. With a bit of luck I might get the old girl back mobile under her own steam. Then it's rebuild the dash and work rearward.

21 hours ago, Mo Murphy said:

I have a seal here Rich if you have urgent need.

Mo

Thanks Mo. That's very kind of you. I've parked it up for the weekend. There's something else that must be causing it to leak as it was a good quality corteco seal I used. There's no play on the swivel and the ball looks in good condition. I may be down to no shims on that side so it's probably time for a rebuild. 

Hi all - I need your advice on my weekend job of replacement timing belt on my 300TDi. Everything has gone well and I am right at the end but don't know how to tighten the crank bolt to 80Nm plus 90degs. I don't have the locking tool and it had undone very easily using the bar under the chassis.

I'm using a clicky torque wrench - can't confirm its provenance but I can get to 80 but when I try harder to turn it through 90degs I'm just fighting the engine and gearbox (in 4th).

So, firstly, should I put threadlock on the bolt (can't see definitive answers when I search) and how to I ensure it's tight enough?

Thanks in advance.