86" Series I expedition theme child bed

Moderators feel free to move/remove this post if this is not the correct place for it.

My son Breixo will be 1 year old the next month, and my present for him is going to be a Land Rover bed, as the cradle he is using right now will be too small for him soon.

I will be using three 190x90 cm matresses for creating a mix of bunk/trundle bed.

First I searched for a Land Rover with length to width ratio similar to the matress: 86" series I

Then I calculated the scale to use: 3/5th

And last, the theme: overland/jungle/safari

Tomorrow I will go to pick up the 16mm MDF for the project. This weekend I expect to leave the 30x30x1.5 mm box section farame welded.

Some inspirational pictures.

7b32c15fa40d99f49bd9155b6923f4c0.jpg

83a9a93a5120411676485a4718b19335.jpg

firstoverland.jpg

firstoverland2.jpg

land-rover-discovery-1955-first-overland-expedition-08.jpg

Web_hero_land_Rover_suite1.jpg

Working as a white van man is great when you have to pick up materials for your projects ;) (sssshhhh, don´t tell the boss :o ).

122x244cm and 60x120 16mm MDF cutted to the correct shape.

Photoshop recreation of how it should be milled/painted.

MDRRA.JPG

MDRRA_PINT.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Birthday arrived...and the bed is not finished yet! The front is now ready for painting and lighting installation.

The rest of the family is helping with my son´s Land Rover bug infection. Some of the presents: number plate for the bed, Evoque ride on toy and Land Rover cakes.

a1pq.JPG

a3pq.JPG

a4pq.JPG

GHAIETAPQ.JPG

teunicobreixolr.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

After three weeks without visiting the in-laws and their barn, wich I´m using as workshop for this project, at last this weekend I have been able to work on the bed.

Rear panel is nearly complete, same as front, needing just some painting and extra atrezzo.

Aleta1.JPG

Aleta2.JPG

Aleta3.JPG

Aleta4.JPG

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...