200tdi 110 chassis swap

HI

I am on the verge of ordering a galv chassis to go under my Defender. My plan is to rent some space with a lift so that the body comes off in one piece and straight back on the new rolling chassis. As it will cost me money if the job is held up at any point I thought I would ask if anyone has done this and can recommend what other parts I'm likely to need to have to hand to change during the process.

Thanks

Mark

Western has done a very good thread here:

I am basically following it myself for a chassis-up rebuild.  His thread also includes many links to useful sites, these being two of the most useful:

http://www.a2stainless.co.uk/  This site is currently under reconstruction, but they can supply a complete kit of 200+ stainless steel bolts, nuts, spring and flat washers for re-mounting the body to the chassis.

http://defenderchassis.co.uk/

One of the dreaded aspects of such a project is "creep", as you find additional things that must be done, should be done, or would be nice to do.

Best of luck with your project, and I'll be looking for updates.

Mike

Best of luck with your project

• Like 1

On 4/16/2017 at 9:12 PM, miketomcat said:

As western did I did a complete body off in one piece it works well I used a gantry over the bulkhead with a chain hoist on each side and another chain hoist on the spare wheel carrier.

Mike

Where did you attach chains at the front Mike?

1 hour ago, easytiger said:

Ralph,

I read your swap thread it was really interesting thanks for putting it up, did you use 4 x 2 timbers or did you have something more robust?

Mark

think the beams were 4x4 sat under the bulkhead & 2nd row rear seats cross member. as in the photo's